Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB in the Animation

tbuff23

I input the strings  for my mega tree in the animation program but they are all one color. How

do I get the strings to show the right color or picture? 

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, tbuff23 said:

I input the strings  for my mega tree in the animation program but they are all one color. How

do I get the strings to show the right color or picture? 

Thanks in advance.

Just to be clear so I don't send you off  wrong

Sequence Editor (Animation show): DUMB RGB (CMB24 controller)

Use the color fade tool to pick the color AND simply set both ends to the same color

3 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

I am using Smart pixels

Smart pixels use the color fade tool as well. If you click on the RGB channels they will open and show the individual red, green and blue channels. If you program on the RGB main channel they will always be white. You either need to use the color fade tool or open the individual channels.

5 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

I am using Smart pixels

Someone else needs to help, I have not graduated from using the SE to set those (the hard way), but yes, I select each nod and use that tool

33 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

Ok thanks for the help. One more question how do I reverse the strings?

Again thanks,

String reverse is done on the controller programming.

12 hours ago, tbuff23 said:

Ok thanks for the help. One more question how do I reverse the strings?

Again thanks,

First Method: I currently use the HWU program where you can set the controller {if you're using Cosmic Color Controllers or a Pixie Controller, however I think this does not include the Pixie 16} to run one or both strings in reverse, you have to go to the controller configuration, first open the HWU, then make sure you have the correct comm port selected for your controller{s}, refresh and find your controllers, then select which controller you wish to modify, then click on the Config button at the bottom of the HWU, a new screen should open with 2 buttons near the bottom, one is labeled "Cosmic Color/Pixie Config", click that and you'll get a pop up where you can change the controller settings to what you need for your controller.  Click OK after you've made changes.   Now your changes will be saved to the controller.  Now once you do this it will always be the default until you change it.

Second Method {and the one I currently use}: Now if you want to do this for just specific songs, the best way to accomplish this without changing your controller configuration/settings is to program the RGB lights in reverse, that is start at the bottom {end of the strand{last pixel} and work your way back to pixel #1 on that strand and for every other strand you want to operate in reverse.  If both my strands on one controller are going to operate with the same colors, but going in opposite directions, I just copy the first  RGB #1 sequence to the RGB #50 sequence line, #2 line to #49, #3 to #48 and so forth until #50 is copied to #1 on the 2nd strand on the controller.  Yes, it's a bit of work, but it's how I currently accomplish this.

Third Method {currently experimenting with this, so not sure if it can be done or not}: I've not used the Macro's, still learning how to program pixels myself, but this might be able to also be accomplished with a simple macro command, but I can not say for certain, as again, I've not used the macro settings as yet in a working display sequence.  Played around with macro's, but still figuring out just how they work and what they do.  Hopefully if someone has used a macro setting to do this{reverse a smart pixel strand}, they'll chime in here with how to do that as well.

But I know the first and second methods I've done has worked for me.  However, I have always used the 2nd method and just program the strands I want reversed in a specific song like stated above in Second Method.

Good Luck!

49 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

Ok great simple enough.

again thanks for the help.

If you want to look at these Halloween NON-Musical Sequences to see how I reverse a strand or do some effects with using it in different ways, doing reversals on both strands at the same time in different sections of the strand, you can check these .LAS Animation Sequences out all done in S4 SE:

Halloween S4 NON-Musical Animation Files

This may also help with and when doing Musical Sequences, it's how I started using my RGB strands using LOR CCB100D Controllers to learn how top program them, then started implementing them into Musical Sequences.   

Hopefully these will show you how easy and simple it is to do in the SE, but it is time consuming when you start putting them to Musical Sequences.

Have Fun with learning from them.  They may not be the best in the world, but my first year with RGB started in 2018 and I used these with empty Musical Sequences {to play Halloween Music while the Animations ran at the same time}.

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked