Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Tree Supports

MattJ

Hi Folks

I'm new to singing trees this year. I was wondering if there were any suggestions for supports for the trees?

What are people using? Open to any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

Cheers

MattJ

As Mr. P says 2X4's (though I don't paint them. They cannot be seen. I use mostly a 5 gallon bucket with lid to put all of the excess lights in. I hang the bucket on a hook on the back of the prop in the center.

Here's how to use the bucket.

Cut an access door on one side. (three cuts so that the door remains attached) it will have to be pretty large.

Drill a bunch of holes on the bottom of the bucket to allow water to drain

Hang the bucket and stuff all lights through the door. Not all lights will not reach but the majority will. Ant remaining lights cannot be seen anyway.

Once lights are inside the bucket snap the lid on.

My lights are always nice and dry.

If you don't have to many excess, my old way was simple Walmart bags, just tie them up inside. Hang bag on hook.

Also for keeping the prop in place.

1/2" EMT cut to 24-36" lengths. Flatten the ends. Drill a hole large enough to get a 12" spike through on one end and a wood screw on the other.

Bend the ends in opposite directions. 

Screw the brace to the prop and hammer the other end into the ground. I use 1 on each end and depending on how many faces you have (I have 18 Halloween, 13-15 for Christmas ) place them accordingly. I connect 4 faces together with 2X4's and use a brace on each end and 2 somewhere in the center. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

23 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Also for keeping the prop in place.

1/2" EMT cut to 24-36" lengths. Flatten the ends. Drill a hole large enough to get a 12" spike through on one end and a wood screw on the other.

Bend the ends in opposite directions. 

Thanks both. 4x2 it is. 

I cant quote get my head around the brace above. Sorry to be needy but any chance of a pic?

4 hours ago, MattJ said:

Thanks both. 4x2 it is. 

I cant quote get my head around the brace above. Sorry to be needy but any chance of a pic?

Seems as though my back up of photobucket, tinypic has [Foul Language Used] down. I sent you a PM with my cell. I can text you pics easier than finding a solution to my pic host problem.

JR

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, roberttwardzik said:

Dibblejr I am also new to using the singing Christmas trees this year. Could you also send me a picture of how you did the bracing for them?

Need a cell number, private message me a cell # and I will send you pics.

JR

• Like 1

• The topic was locked