Light-O-Rama Forums

SpiderWeb for Halloween

grouptcl

My plan is to create a SpiderWeb for Halloween and was wondering a few things.

First some facts:
It will be 8 feet across
There is a total of 81 linear feet to the prop

I figured that if I would/could string it all in one shot I would use 5 * 50 lights strings
Is that even possible, meaning how would I program the effects afterwards ? 
Or should I simply string along center axles and then contours etc etc ?
Can it be done in S5 regular or do I absolutely need Superstar to programs different effects such as light chasing etc ?

Anyone out there has done this before ?
Any toughts or tips on this ?

Thanks for your input

SpiderWeb.JPG

I designed a very similar web in S4 PE. It turned out great and I sequenced Itsy Bitsy Spider to it.

However upon building the actual prop I found it easier to purchase Brians large pixel web. Its on Spiderwebman. com he is also SuperStarLights. com and the developer of SuperStar.

His web is affordable and each rgb node position is labeled.

He has the SS prop on the site and he may have one for S5 but that would be a question for Brian.

Maybe he will chime in here. BrianBruderer 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I designed a very similar web in S4 PE. It turned out great and I sequenced Itsy Bitsy Spider to it.

However upon building the actual prop I found it easier to purchase Brians large pixel web. Its on Spiderwebman. com he is also SuperStarLights. com and the developer of SuperStar.

His web is affordable and each rgb node position is labeled.

He has the SS prop on the site and he may have one for S5 but that would be a question for Brian.

Maybe he will chime in here. BrianBruderer 

JR

When I went to that link, all I got was a large header "Spiderwebman", "Welcome" text and "Now You see Me" under a photo and when clicked, took me to a movie of the same name.  Didn't see any spider webs for sale anywhere on that link.  You sure that's the correct link?

2 hours ago, Orville said:

When I went to that link, all I got was a large header "Spiderwebman", "Welcome" text and "Now You see Me" under a photo and when clicked, took me to a movie of the same name.  Didn't see any spider webs for sale anywhere on that link.  You sure that's the correct link?

It's .NET not .COM

http://spiderwebman.net/Purchase.php

I purchased four of his large webs six years ago and I am still using them.

Edited by Mr. P

4 hours ago, Orville said:

My bad, it’s been a while but I see Mr. P took care of it.

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

My bad, it’s been a while but I see Mr. P took care of it.

JR

I always got your six bro.  😀

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 5:36 AM, Mr. P said:

It's .NET not .COM

http://spiderwebman.net/Purchase.php

I purchased four of his large webs six years ago and I am still using them.

Thank you Mr. P.    I'm not doing Halloween, but one of my neighbors asked where they can buy something like a spiderweb they could put lights on.   And was passing this info onto them, but the site I went to just gave me a movie.  Which I might actually watch later, looks interesting enough. :)

EDIT: Just checked out the site.  Thinking this won't work for what he was wanting to do with it.  Doesn't look like something that you can add lights too.  Guess he'll have to figure out something else for his spiderweb.

Edited by Orville