Light-O-Rama Forums

New and Stuck

bcdmahn

Hi all,

I have spent the past 3 hours trying to figure this out and am having no luck.

I just recently purchased a Showtime 16 Channel starter package w/ wireless pair.

Followed the step by step directions and had no issues at all.

Hardware Utility finds my controller and the test works fine. The sequences I have created are assigned to the controller so that base is covered. "Play Lights" is checked and under preferences the correct "COMM" is selected.

When I'm running the hardware utility I get the lil "ELL" logo saying I have a wireless connection and the LOR box is a steady RED while the light are flickering.

I attempt to run a sequence and I get a blinking RED.

I go back into the hardware utility and I have to start all over doing the "refresh" to find my controllers.

What's the lights off button for in the hardware utility? Am I missing one crucial step to make it light on or something?

Any ideas why the lights work fine in test mode but when I start any sequence to include the LOR sample and LOR Chase I get nutting?

Very frustrating to say the least:(

Thanks in advance.....I spent the past two week sequencing thinking I was good to go on the communication connection to find out Im dead in the water:(

Tom

bcdmahn@gci.net

Yup and just reverified. I also tried resetting the controller by unplugging and changing the dial for the unit ID's and then repluggin.

Im wondering if the wireless pairs have something to do with it? I just cant see why it works fine in test mode but once you try a sequence I get the big zippo.

Tom

It's the damdest thing.....

I took the wireless pair out of the equation and ran pure cable and everything works fine.

I really dont want to be drilling a hole in the side of my house for the CAT 5 to run:(. I saw that button firmware for the wireless transmitter? Think I outta try it?

Thanks,

Tom

BTW the transmitters work great while running the hardware utility.

*shrug*

Gremilins are definitely in this box.......

I broke it all down and ran straight cable and worked just fine. Disconnected and tried going wireless and it worked just fine in the office??? I redisconnected and tried it in the garage with my mini-tree army and it works just fine also???

Thanks for the replies.......hopefully this bug is quashed because I have no idea what I did to fix it.

Tom