Light-O-Rama Forums

need help with recovering my visualizer

randy88cougar

i was running S4 last year, my main computer died and i lost my visualizer. i have my most recent sequences that was in SE with channel config. also i dont remember how i had my viz laid out. is there a way to recover it or do i have to write a new viz. it is pixels and rgb and mega tree ect any help would be appreciated

The Visualizer file will have the extension .Lee, so you should look for that amongst your backup files. If you can't find it your only other option is to rebuild it. There is no way to generate it from the sequences. 

This is exactly why all your data files should be backed up.

I have noticed problems with the vis .lee file as well.

What I have noticed:

If you open up the .lee for any reason, always save it before closing it. Even if no changes were made. 

There is probably no support for this any longer, I have had to rebuild several of my .lee files. Even though I have experienced this in the past just a couple of days ago I forgot to save my flood .lee. I was forced to rebuild it, luckily it was just 8 RGB floods so it was easy but it could have been much worse.

Always save before closing the .lee

Also keep a backup copy in an entirely separate folder than the lightorama vis folder.

JR

yeah unfortunately my friend helped me with that and erased the drive to get it working. however now i have a 500 gb ssd drive and it works really fast. it is not the end of the world i was going to redo alot of my viz anyway. at least i have my viz from 2017 so not a total redo

• The topic was locked