Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jacksback28

Using MacBook & Parallels for LOR - having an issue

I have a MacBook Pro, I purchased Parallels and Windows 10 - I downloaded Version 4.4.4 and it loads in but when I open the control panel or sequence editor it asks for first time to setup file that it will save stuff too.  Well, this is were the error comes in, it can not create the file and won't open the sequence editor.

Any help would be great - Thanks

I have not worked with Parallels and Win10, but I did use it back with Win7. My first place to check would be simply to make sure I have permissions (specifically) on the folder I selected for Sequence Editor. 

So, if it were me I would

1. Check permissions on folder I specified SE to write the setup file.

1a. Do the permissions look wrong? Try adding write permissions, even remove and re-add if I have to.

2. Open that folder and try and save a file there, any file like a text file should work.

2a. Was I able to write a file? If yes, try SE again. If no, look up the error I received and see how others resolved the issue.

3. Google the exact wording of the error I received from SE, because someone probably has had the same issue with another program.

Sorry, forgot 4.

Open the SNIPPING TOOL in Win10 and grab a screenshot of the error and post it here if you are still stumped.