Light-O-Rama Forums

Schematics Available ?

Caverat

Just a qucik question.  I bought the CTB16PC DIY kit  and all looks good so far.   I haven't put it together yet but anticipate no issues. 

Just for my own satisfaction, and maybe troubleshooting later if the need should arise, is there a schematic available online for download?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a problem with a CTB 16 PC Diy Kit and wanted to fix it myself since i am a 35 year plus Electronics Tech. So i called LOR and spoke to Dan Baldwin himself and he told me there is no schematics available.

Edited by Godney

image.png.f87662c02878c607e2c1e0fec4812116.png

As near as I can trace, these CTB 16 kits, at least the old ones I have, follow the basic opto/triac design...different values but the basic circuit. Hope that helps.

Jim

Edited by Rockhammer53
remove duplicate

I was just wondering, I was tracing it out from the board and was hoping there was an 'official" schematic.    I do have pinouts on the chips and it looks fairly straightforward so far, the 273 d Flipflops and PIC Micro, etc..   My main concern was following the through holes between front and back of the board.  Hopefully I never need the schematic, but it never hurts to have it just in case!

On 9/20/2019 at 8:47 AM, Caverat said:

I was just wondering, I was tracing it out from the board and was hoping there was an 'official" schematic.    I do have pinouts on the chips and it looks fairly straightforward so far, the 273 d Flipflops and PIC Micro, etc..   My main concern was following the through holes between front and back of the board.  Hopefully I never need the schematic, but it never hurts to have it just in case!

Having worked with "proprietary electronics", I know how companies are, if the unit is still in production and hasn't been retired, you won't be able to acquire a schematic for it.  Once retired, they may or may not release a schematic.  Depends on what it is, what it does and whether or not it has similar relation to a new line that uses the same principle and similar component set-up.

However, all isn't lost, if you can't find the issue{s} or repair it, and the controller is less than a year old, even if you are the one that screwed it up by making an error during assembly, LOR will usually repair the unit at no charge to you.  But I think you have to pay the shipping fee to get it to them, don't recall if they have you pay the shipping fee back to you or not.