Light-O-Rama Forums

Replicate Controllers CBD16

CK57

I would like to have 5 mega trees working same and have 12 channels per color or 48 channels per tree.  Plan to use 3 controllers per tree.  For simplicity I can give each trees controllers the same 3 id's?

If so, when I start up program, will the software only see three units, or will it see all 15 units?

With the same ID, you only see the ID assigned in HU and that may have problems (multiple responses to the poll) if you try and use that on the group

Only have 1 (of each) when configuring or testing a controller.  The show should not have issues, as it streams out the commands and simply expects compliance :)

It is highly discouraged to give controllers the same ID as this makes troubleshooting much more difficult when you have issues. Many people will do this because they don't want to program each tree individually but it is very simple to copy and paste each tree. This way the trees act the same but are much easier to find problems if things don't work as they should.

• Like 1

Agree with everyone here, don't use the same ID for multiple controllers or you'll end up just as my tagline states.   Been through this one and that's how I came up with my signature tagline.  

Just use different ID's for each controller and if you need two or more controllers to work exactly alike, just add them to the sequence and copy/paste the main controllers lighting commands to the other 2 controllers,  I.E. Controller 3' copy all 16 channels, then paste them to Controller Id #2 and ID #3, then Controllers 1,2, and 3 will all work identically to each other.  

Very simple and it won't have you pulling your hair out when something doesn't work as you thought it would by having more than 1 controller with the same ID.  Like stated earlier, been through this, done it, won't ever do it again! LOL

• The topic was locked