Light-O-Rama Forums

After upgrading to win 10 the sequences are blanked out in sequence editor

texmaster

Hi Folks,

I had to upgrade my OS to windows 10 early this year and went into my Light O Rama sequence editor to look at my sequence for Halloween.  It will play but the sequence editor is blank.  I'm attaching a pic.  Not sure what to do.

image.thumb.png.b07b8f450b0f8bcc7a7c1961cc2bbfeb.png

Your screenshot shows 3.12.2 but your profile is 5.3.6. Try uninstalling and reinstall the highest version you desire that your licence supports. Then we'll go from there.

24 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Your screenshot shows 3.12.2 but your profile is 5.3.6. Try uninstalling and reinstall the highest version you desire that your licence supports. Then we'll go from there.

I never added that to my profile and it wont let me remove it.   I only have 3.12.2

EDIT:  I found how to edit my version but its not on the list.  3.12.2

Edited by texmaster

That is a pretty old install, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the same version. It should not affect your data but make sure you have a backup, just in case.

Your video drivers may need updating too.

It also might be time to consider an update to a newer version of lor.

You can install it any time. It will come up as a demo till you give it the new licence key which lor will send you.

Yeah I got the new key and the new version but it says I need to upgrade the sequence but I have no idea what the settings should be.  I left them at default and the sequence isn't there.

I'm looking online but does anyone know if there is a doc explaining the conversion from an older version into the newer 5.xx?

To be honest, if it were me I might go no higher than S4, for now, as the switch to S5 is very much geared toward pixels and  is a pretty steep learning curve. Try 4.2.34 or whatever the last version was.

I don't even know if S5 can still read an S3 sequence, but S4 will be much more familiar to you. It's been a long time but I am pretty sure your S3 sequences will open in S4 and look pretty much like what you are used to. The Visualizer was introduced in S4 as an improvement to the animation window, and is key to a successful sequence upgrade from S4 to S5.

I am a long way from my machine right now, but if I recall there is an S5 upgrade/conversion guide in the help file.

• Like 1

I'm new to S5, too. The more I work with it the more it makes sense. You should get a popup (Upgrade sequence to S5) asking you for a Preview. Which did you pick? I noticed that while opening my S4 sequences in S5, the the best version of a preview I got was to use the Import Block Style niamation and then go from there. I'd give it a shot with your S3 sequence,

13 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

To be honest, if it were me I might go no higher than S4, for now, as the switch to S5 is very much geared toward pixels and  is a pretty steep learning curve. Try 4.2.34 or whatever the last version was.

I don't even know if S5 can still read an S3 sequence, but S4 will be much more familiar to you. It's been a long time but I am pretty sure your S3 sequences will open in S4 and look pretty much like what you are used to. The Visualizer was introduced in S4 as an improvement to the animation window, and is key to a successful sequence upgrade from S4 to S5.

I am a long way from my machine right now, but if I recall there is an S5 upgrade/conversion guide in the help file.

Thanks for that it looks much more like the original but unfortunately my animation is still whited out so it must be something with my computer.

How old is the computer? You could have an OpenGL issue. Try updating your video driver. There has been a recent post on how to do it if you need help. I know that updating to S5 requires a higher version of OpenGL than my old computer supported and in my case I had to add a video card that supported the higher version. 

• Thanks 1

Hiw many channels and what type, AC, DC, pixels etc?.

Try the visualizer, it's pretty much like a paint program, and if you don't have too many channels, it might not take long, Put a pic of your house in the background, much nicer than Animator.

1 minute ago, PhilMassey said:

Hiw many channels and what type, AC, DC, pixels etc?.

Try the visualizer, it's pretty much like a paint program, and if you don't have too many channels, it might not take long, Put a pic of your house in the background, much nicer than Animator.

I only have 7 channels.  Its very simple but it is sequenced to a video animation if that matters.

Kinda matters. So, are we talking about a video file here that is not playing or the animation window. If it's the former, you may need to look at the format of the video file, and either convert it to something that works or download the appropriate codec for that file type. The windows update may have borked your video codecs somehow.

Lor uses Windows media player for playback. See if the video plays in WMP.

• Thanks 1

It is a wmv   I'm going to try another PC and see if I can replicate the problem.

I can see the video playing fine. The channels even light up when they are supposed to, just the sequence itself is whited out for some reason.

Edited by texmaster

God I hate windows updates.   I put this on my big kahuna at home but had to let microsoft perform a massive patch.  Then halfway it didn't like that I had VM Ware on and I had to remove it and start again.

Finally I got it on and it works fine on that PC.   This one I think is a lost cause.

Thanks to everyone who helped me diagnose this.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked