Light-O-Rama Forums

Replacing mini lights with RGB’s ?

grouptcl

6 hours ago, TheDucks said:

https://christmas-leds.com/ worked for me

10 bulb strings are 12V mini lights, same as were in the candy canes  I converted to LED strips.  FWIW, I cut a bunch into separate sockets and connected those to a CMB24 port when I want 1 or 2 bulbs with a separate contol

Same worked for me. Turns out my canes are 20 lights, but I was able to order them there.

54 minutes ago, tlogan said:

Same worked for me. Turns out my canes are 20 lights, but I was able to order them there.

Then you have 6V bulbs. Strings of 2 are 12V.  As you can see, 120V/#bulbs in a segment (where the wires drop to 2.  If there is no outlet at the far end, you may only have 1 segment (also, only 2 wires the entire length)

14 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Then you have 6V bulbs. Strings of 2 are 12V.  As you can see, 120V/#bulbs in a segment (where the wires drop to 2.  If there is no outlet at the far end, you may only have 1 segment (also, only 2 wires the entire length)

Didn't mean to confuse anything...I meant the same link worked for me. I ordered the 20 light LED strings as a direct replacement for the incans. Amazingly enough, they were shipped same day (Sunday!). I should have them in a day or two. Hope they work and fit as I expect.   

Just to close my loop in this thread (although, I guess we got a little off topic!)...

I received my 20 light LED strands yesterday. I have old candy canes; half are red with white stripe and half are white with red stripe. The white/red has white incans and the red/white has red incans. I could only get the LEDs in white. I previously tried replacing the red with an incan white that I have on hand and it was obvious that it needed to be red. So, I also bought some red caps. I replaced the white lights first. I had to nip off the female plug at the end to feed them through (couldn't fold in half and leave both plugs outside...string is too short). I'm left with about 3 lights hanging out the bottom. A couple black out caps will take care of that (and give me a longer leader). So I moved on to the red/white cane. I pulled out a red cap and they also have a built in clip which makes them too large to fit inside the cane. SO....I took a shot and ran the white string through the same as for the red/white. Turns out they look great! The white of the LEDs is not as harsh as the light from the incans, so the cane still looks red.

Result: They look great and this won't be as hard as I feared. Now I need to add and sequence them in. I'll try to remember to post a pic.

Edited by tlogan

2 hours ago, tlogan said:

Just to close my loop in this thread (although, I guess we got a little off topic!)...

I received my 20 light LED strands yesterday. I have old candy canes; half are red with white stripe and half are white with red stripe. The white/red has white incans and the red/white has red incans. I could only get the LEDs in white. I previously tried replacing the red with an incan white that I have on hand and it was obvious that it needed to be red. So, I also bought some red caps. I replaced the white lights first. I had to nip off the female plug at the end to feed them through (couldn't fold in half and leave both plugs outside...string is too short). I'm left with about 3 lights hanging out the bottom. A couple black out caps will take care of that (and give me a longer leader). So I moved on to the red/white cane. I pulled out a red cap and they also have a built in clip which makes them too large to fit inside the cane. SO....I took a shot and ran the white string through the same as for the red/white. Turns out they look great! The white of the LEDs is not as harsh as the light from the incans, so the cane still looks red.

Result: They look great and this won't be as hard as I feared. Now I need to add and sequence them in. I'll try to remember to post a pic.

If I may ask, how long are your canes? I just purchased 24 canes to do two "clock" props on the sides of my house and was debating if I put 25 or 50 led string lights through them. I see you are only using 20. Mine are 32" long each.

Thanks!

• Like 1