Light-O-Rama Forums

Information Needed Prior to Purchase

kevinito

All:

Looking into purchasing a starter package here and had a couple of general questions surrounding the CCC-II and the CTB16PC-ReadytoGO. 

For the CCC-II, controller, does this controller only support two strips that is shipped with this kit (a total of 200 leds)? Link for reference: http://store.lightorama.com/newcococopac.html

For the CTB16PC-ReadytoGO, it states that this controller supports a 9,000 light display. What type of lights (e.g. LEDs, old-school incandescent, etc.)? Also, can this kit support 9,000 lights as configured or will I need to add more components? Link for reference: http://store.lightorama.com/rese16chstpa.html

Thanks for the information.

Welcome aboard!  Regarding the CCC-II, Same controller can be used to control CCR-II ribbon, CCB-II Bulbs and CCP-II pixels. Packages for 2 ribbons, 2 strings of 50 or 2 strings of 100 Bulbs or Pixels. Depending on how much money you want to spend.  I have four of these controllers in my show using CCB's of 50 each string. I could add 50 more on each output if I wanted but my props are well lit with 50 per output.  Maybe if you have a really long roof line you might want to spring for the 100 per output.

The residential controller has the capacity to power whatever you got as long as you don't go over the amperage per side.  I use a meter to test all the power outputs to make sure I don't go over and blow the internal fuse. One of my controllers runs three props for a total of 9600 led lights.  

If you dig deeper into the manuals you can get a better understanding of the power requirements and limitations.  I run all my led  lights on household 15 amp breakers because the amp draw is very low. 

Have fun!

now let's see what the others have to say!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the delayed response. So, just to confirm - I can run "dumb" LEDs with the residential controller (and as long as they are dimmable)?

9 hours ago, kevinito said:

Apologies for the delayed response. So, just to confirm - I can run "dumb" LEDs with the residential controller (and as long as they are dimmable)?

You can run LED lights, and technically they are dumb. You can not run dumb RGB (led) lights.

So, basically if it has a "normal" plug end, it should work.

Good - https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Accents-Holiday-300-L-LED-Smooth-Mini-Light-Warm-White-TY300SM-WW/301868973

Not good (needs a different controller) - https://www.wowlights.com/ProductDetail.asp?Category=35&Product=526

• Thanks 1

One thing about dumb LED strings.  Avoid Martha Stewart brand lights.  There have been multiple reports of them catching fire when dimmed.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2019 at 1:34 PM, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

Welcome aboard!  Regarding the CCC-II, Same controller can be used to control CCR-II ribbon, CCB-II Bulbs and CCP-II pixels. Packages for 2 ribbons, 2 strings of 50 or 2 strings of 100 Bulbs or Pixels. Depending on how much money you want to spend.  I have four of these controllers in my show using CCB's of 50 each string. I could add 50 more on each output if I wanted but my props are well lit with 50 per output.  Maybe if you have a really long roof line you might want to spring for the 100 per output.

I'm currently running 4 of these controllers each with 2 strings of 50 CCBs. If the controllers can support a total of 100 bulbs per channel, is it as simple as wiring 2 strings together? I do have some extra strings so im thinking about trying this. 

• Like 1