Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy the animation

Jeff 1S.A.H.D.

Ok I look for it in the forms but can't find it ( mo not wording it right)

is there a way to copy the animation from one song to another or do i have to draw each song

Just started to sequence the songs

thanks

Jeff

Attached files 157897=9148-house set up.JPG

Jeff,

When you export your channels, your animation is exported as well.

When you go to import the channels, your animation will be imported for you. (In LOR1, though, you have to tell it yes.)

See this link for more information.

Just to add a note here about animations...

Sometimes I want to see how different parts of my display react, but the animation window just isn't big enough to show everything at once. I have 4 different configuration files. They all have the same channel layout, but have different animations. One if for the house, one for the MegaTree, one for the right lawn, and one for the left lawn.

When I am creating new songs, I import the configurations one by one to view them in detail. Actually, I wish LOR had a simple menu selection to allow quickly viewing one of several animations. That would probably mean that the animations would have to be stored separately from the channel configuration information so as to prevent accidental screwups when exporting the channel config.

It's actually a wish list item, but since I can certainly live without it, I never put it on the wish list.

• 6 months later...

I came across this thread when searching to solve a sequencing problem. I love Richard Hamilton's idea of viewing different animations (something I'd also like to do). My animation window is somewhat cluttered and I was trying to watch a particular segment of a sequence, but was distracted with other segments that were already complete.

Possible LOR could add a dropdown menu in the animation window where you could select tracks. It would default to the Master Track 1 (which probably would have all the channels). Then you could select Track 2 (Megatree, for example), Track 3 (House windows), Track 4 (Arches), etc. This suggestion assumes you are creating tracks by geographical locations, but would work no matter why you create tracks. Select Track 2 (Melody), Track 3 (Saxaphones), etc.

I'm not sure I've expressed my thoughts properly, but maybe someone could interpret this better and send a wishlist to LOR for me.

In the meantime, I think I'll take my Master Config file that stores the animation window, erase all dots except those I want to watch in detail, and export this config file with another name such as 2009 Megatree. This file would have all the channels, but display just the Megatree. Then import the Master again, erase other dots and export this file with again another name such as 2009 Arches. You just have to be careful not to save the sequence with one of these minimal configs. Import the Master config prior to saving the sequence.

I've probably made this way too confusing, but I hope someone understands. ;)

Richard