Light-O-Rama Forums

Media File Error

Vince4xmas

Using LORS4.4.4 and getting errors on media file.

Media file was purchased from Amazon and I have also tried running thru Audicity using 128 speed constant bit format.

I get the following two errors:

The media file for this sequence could not be converted to the LOR internal media format. While the media file may work, some functions, such as "play speed" and "play range" may not, or may work correctly.

The media file for this sequence could not be converted to the LOR internal WAV format. While the media file will work, advanced functions such as beat wizard, UV wizard, and view waveform will not function.

Please advise as to what I need to do to get rid of these error messages.

Thanks

Verify that the Project Rate (Hz) found in the bottom left corner of Audacity when you load the song is 44100. Many times when you get songs from Amazon they are 48000 and LOR won't open them.

7 hours ago, Vince4xmas said:

The Project Rate is 44100.

Any other suggestions? 

Thanks

Have you tried just reproducing the sequence again? The complete build and see if it will convert it correctly.

Of course if it works you only have to copy paste.

Or see if you can find the the mp3 on

Mp3million . Com or somewhere and see if that works. I buy very little from Amazon 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Two thoughts. 

Are you sure you did a file export in Audacity to the right format just saving may not work.

It used to be possible to turn off "use internal media" in SE, but I dont recall where it was or is.

I'm a long way from my machine at the moment ( in the uk), so I can't look.

I updated Audacity to newest version and no errors. I can see the waveform, but wizards still dont work. Good enough for now.

Dont quite understand issue as I have NEVER had an issue before.