Light-O-Rama Forums

Matrix custom images creation

grouptcl

Once we have a Pixie matrix running, is it possible to create a customimage/ pattern to scroll across the matrix ?

Exemple: I now have a matrix 25 pixel wide x 12 pixel high and would like to have a pumpkin scroll on the matrix, is there any way to accomplish this without the Super Sequencer ?

Is it possible with the super sequencer ?

Please advise

15 minutes ago, grouptcl said:

Once we have a Pixie matrix running, is it possible to create a customimage/ pattern to scroll across the matrix ?

Exemple: I now have a matrix 25 pixel wide x 12 pixel high and would like to have a pumpkin scroll on the matrix, is there any way to accomplish this without the Super Sequencer ?

Is it possible with the super sequencer ?

Please advise

Yes to both. It can be done in SE but I have never done it because I have Superstar.

The only problem will be quality.

If you can find a gif image that is the same size or very close to your matrix size it will be better.

I google “mini gif” when I am looking for something for any of my matrix’s.

I cannot tell you how to do it in SE but it is much simpler now in SS than it was in the past.

You would have to buy the SS correct CCR license.

Also I am on my phone and  cannot see your license level buy for pixies you should have a pro license level.

If you can use MS paint or another program you can set the pixel grid up to your size  and create your own gif images. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

So... As I understand your messages both here and the other thread you have a Pixie 8 with 50 Pixel strings? That should give you 400 pixels, yet your 12 X 25 prop you have is only going to use 300 pixels, leaving 100 not used ? If you made a 16 X 25 prop it would use all 400 pixels. Better yet you could make a 12 X 33 pixel prop (a little bigger prop) and only have 7 left over, not used. If you have reason for this, then ok, I was under the impression you were trying to build a matrix using all your pixels. I may have misunderstood your intent.

Either way, I tend to use pictures of words created for the size of my matrix using a paint program. I find I can get a bigger size than what Sequence Editor or Supertar offers and it shows much cleaner.

Based on your above matrix size of 12 X 50, I made some pictures for you to experiment with. I also included a short gif of how to apply them in S5 Sequence Editor using the Motion Effect.

Right Click and Save As

pumpkin1.gif

happy.gif

HALLOWEEN.gif

TUNETO.gif

I also included a short gif of how to apply them in S5 Sequence Editor using the Motion Effect.

Hope this helps

Alan...

GROUPTCL.gif