Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Controller II Channel reverting back to Channel 1

massn1

Hi All, I picked up a few CCCII's and wanted to add them into my show.  I already have a 16x25 pixel tree that I assigned to Channel 04 (through -0B) and I wanted to add the new CCCII's to channel 0C and OE.  If I go through them one by one and change the channels using the hardware utility I can get them all to see each other in the right channels.  But after leaving them for a few days or if they get unplugged the two CCCII's seem to go back to the default channel 01.  The pixel tree will save the channel but not the CCCII's.  What am I doing wrong that they are not saving the channel change?  Thanks in advance for the help.

Massimo

Massimo,

Isn't another name for the CCR-II's a Pixie 2?

If so here is some instructions from the User Manual. It sounds like not all the dip switches on the board are not set to "off". This means everytime power is removed (turned off) the unit will boot up to the unit id set by the dip switches. In your case it sounds like it is set to Unit 1 via the dipswitches. If you turn all the dipswitches off, then the settings you are using in Hardware Utility will stay.

You can set the unit ids in 2 ways, one is set every dipswitch to off and let Hardware Utility do it, or set the dip switches on each unit to the unit id you wish to use as listed on page 41 of the manual.

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/Pixie_Man_105.pdf  page 12 for Hardware Config, and page 41 for setting the Unit Id via the dipswitches

unit%20id.png

Hope this helps

Alan...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, massn1 said:

I already have a 16x25 pixel tree that I assigned to Channel 04 (through -0B) and I wanted to add the new CCCII's to channel 0C and OE. 

I think Alan answered your question, but PLEASE get out of the habit of referring to each output from a pixel controller as a channel.  Those are Outputs - not channels.  In the case of the Pixie controllers, each output uses a single Unit ID.  I am assuming that your pixel tree is using a Pixie 8 controller and that you have 50 count pixel strings that each are two strands of the tree.  Each string therefore has 50 pixels or 150 channels, and each string uses one Unit ID.  Same concept with your CCCIIs (aka Pixie 2).  One will use Unit IDs 0C and OD and the other will use Unit IDs 0E and 0F.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, default said:

Massimo,

Isn't another name for the CCR-II's a Pixie 2?

If so here is some instructions from the User Manual. It sounds like not all the dip switches on the board are not set to "off". This means everytime power is removed (turned off) the unit will boot up to the unit id set by the dip switches. In your case it sounds like it is set to Unit 1 via the dipswitches. If you turn all the dipswitches off, then the settings you are using in Hardware Utility will stay.

You can set the unit ids in 2 ways, one is set every dipswitch to off and let Hardware Utility do it, or set the dip switches on each unit to the unit id you wish to use as listed on page 41 of the manual.

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/Pixie_Man_105.pdf  page 12 for Hardware Config, and page 41 for setting the Unit Id via the dipswitches

unit%20id.png

Hope this helps

Alan...

Thanks, the last dip switch was ON.  I set it to off changed the Unit address and it saved as expected.  Thanks for the help.  Figured I had overlooked something simple.  Thanks again for the help.

Massimo 

• The topic was locked