Light-O-Rama Forums

Incandescent Columns and Arches for Sale

charlesejones

Hello everyone.  I am slowly but surely moving my show over to RGB.  I have some incandescent props for sale. 

I have four 8' columns, each with 800 red and 800 green lights wrapped around 2 pieces of 1" PVC.  Basically you are able to wrap the column with the lights and secure to the column with either zip ties or bungees.  Each column has four 2' sections with 200 lights of each color in each section.  Each color and section can be controlled individually, so each column requires 8 channels of control.  This has enabled me to have some really cool cues with these four columns.  I have also wired extension cords using zip wire and vampire plugs.  Two of the columns have all plugs terminating at the top of the column and two of the columns have all plugs terminating about 8' distance from the top of the column.  This allows you to place a controller at the top of one column and as long as the next column is within 8', you will not need any additional extension cords.  I can literally have these columns setup, plugged in, and ready for show in about 5 minutes per column.

I also have four arches built with incandescent bulbs.  I also used both red and green.  Each arch has 8 segments, with 100 red and 100 green lights per segment, so each arch needs 16 channels of control.  Having both colors allows some really cool chasing cues and gives a lot more depth to show design.  The light sections are wrapped around 14" sections of 1" PVC which is then mounted onto a 10' section of 1/2" PVC.  I drilled some 1-1/4" holes on on angle into some treated 2x4's that are 8' long.  I can place the end of an arch in the holes of the 2x4 and it makes a perfect arch.  I also built extension cords for the arches, so all 16 channels terminate at one end.  If you place the controller at the end of the arch, you will not need any extension cords for these either.  This makes for easy storage and quick setup for the show. 

I built them three years ago and they have been used in three seasons.  The incandescent strings are commercial and as of yet I have had no problems with any bulbs.  There is some fading of the colors, especially when compared to RGB, but they are still quite bright and would perform quite well in an incandescent or mixed show.  I am willing to sell just the props or can also sell the props with controllers.  These items are located in Northeast Arkansas, and depending upon the money involved, I might be able to meet someone part way.  I am also willing to ship, but given the length, that might get somewhat expensive.  I have a lot of time invested in these props and just hate to see them go to waste as I replace them with RGB.  

I do have some video I can email anyone that is interested.  I can also take pictures of anything you would like to see and send to you.  Hoping someone can use these!

• The topic was locked