Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 8 Text Matrix creation

grouptcl

Using S5 what is the proper setup to create a motion text effect rectangular motion matrix  ?
This is what I had done but I get the hint that it's not the proper way to create this ?

1410535264_Pixie8.JPG.1546097e6befef91237522c7583d0070.JPG

Capturetextmatrix.JPG

Two changes.  On the left where it has Motion Effects rows, set at least one.  You can add more later as well.  On the right in the channels section, check the box for "Separate Unit ID for each string" (the Pixie requires it).

Having a real hard time setting up this stuff.

One of my first goal is to setup a matrix for scrolling text such as TUNE 98,4, happy halloween etc etc

I guess my first question is physically what do you recommend as far as size is concerned, how may pixels wide by how many pixels high would be the MINIMUM required for it to be ledgible ?  What distance apart do you set the pixels ?

Also can anyone point me to a tutorial to setup a pixie 8 controller as a matrix  on S5 ?  The hardware test is fine but sequences does not seem to be functional

Thanks in advance for the help

What is the Unit Id's for your Pixie8? ie the first Unit ID? How many pixel are on each string, 50, !00?

I'll set one up and post a pic. I'll create a couple different sizes for you to look at.

Alan...

Edited by default

Unit ID is 5, 50 pixels per string, seems to be functional now after some testing, however I was unable to attachh 2 50 strings to one another to create a 100 string, pixie8 only lights up the first 50 lights and disregards the second 50, any idea why ?

Forum member JR started a in-depth thread about Pixie controllers. I think it will help you understand the controller.

Alan...

Edited by default

4 hours ago, default said:

Forum member JR started a in-depth thread about Pixie controllers. I think it will help you understand the controller.

Alan...

Thank you Alan.

OP- my tune to sign is 8 x 14 pixels.

the 14’s were cut from other various pixel props strings so it worked out well.

I don’t have luck with gif images with that size- but if you use a paint software and can make your own pixelated images like stick men, they look nice on that size coro.

Happy you found the pixie thread useful.

JR