Light-O-Rama Forums

Logical Resolution CCD Channel

MattJ

Hi Folks

I'm going into year 3 with my LOR set-up. I'm OK at this stuff but am certainly not good at it yet. I think I'm rolling.... then I hit a roadblock! :)

This year's additions are a couple of singing faces/trees and also the upgrade from S4 to S5

I've upgraded the software (to v5.3.6 Advanced) and am running through the process of converting my old S4 sequences. 

Everything looks good; My old visualizer file even converted over to the new preview format but I have hit the following problem and I am hoping you can help;

I have a couple of sequences where I use the Logical resolution Channel (151) of some v1 & v2 CCDs and set the value in the sequence to 10% to have the string work off of 10 RGB channels (5 bulbs/pixels in each).

When I import these sequences I'm told:

These channels had no match in the preview and have been archived. This means they can still appear in the sequence grid, but they cannot drive lights.

CCD 08 s1 - LR (LOR: Regular, unit 08, circuit 151)

And... true to form, the preview runs the first 10 lights in each string. The LR channel appears as archived in the editor with the "@" sign in front of the channel name. 

I don't know what to change to make the LR channel work again in the S5 software. 

Would appreciate any pointers!

Cheers

MattJ

Thanks - that worked to un-archive it. It now looks active but it still doesn't work as expected:

Here's the prop definition; Unit 8 - circuit 151.... I've gotta be doing something wrong?

2019-08-18_14-52-51.png

Update - I've been playing with this for a couple of hours and will fall back to a very basic; "I just can't get LR to work in S5. Period"

New Preview. Single CCD. LR set to intensity 10%... does not group the pixles into groups of 5 driven by the first 10 pixels in the string like it did in S4.

I know this is probably user error on my part so still looking for any help anyone can give. 

Thanks again in advance!

Good idea to test with a single CCD. I just ran a test in my lab with a simple sequence. First I tried it with all 7 macro channels defined. Then I tried it with just LR defined. Both worked fine -- 5 lights were controlled with LR set to 10%, and 10 lights were controlled when set to 5%. But a couple of caveats:

1) The macro channel settings are not reflected in what gets played to the computer screen - you can only see the results on real lights.

2) The LOR network that your controller is attached to must be defined as NOT enhanced in Network Preferences.

Matt

1 hour ago, MattBrown said:

The macro channel settings are not reflected in what gets played to the computer screen

Thanks Matt. I am running a simultaneous conversation on an LOR support ticket and even though I have not got a resolution yet, I'm fast coming to this conclusion based on the support responses so far.

It seems like a step backwards to me that the S5 Preview will not support/replicate the LR functionality where are the S4 sequencer/visualizer will. 

Kinda leaves me with 2 choices;

1. Leave all the sequences unchanged and hope they work when I unpack the lights in December. or...
  2. Remake the sequences expanding the 10 channels to 50 on each CCD in each sequence.

I don't like the thought of #1 so I guess I'll be polishing up my editing skills in S5

Really appreciate you running a real world test Matt - thank you!

• Sad 1