Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega Tree Prop Creation - Color Per Strand?

Aubrey

I am trying to add an 12 strand AC channel mega tree to an S5 Preview in 5.3.4. I would like the full strands to be different colors (i.e. Red, Blue, Green, Red, Blue, Green, etc.) I've messed with every combination of Mega Tree Shape and "Type" (Multicolor string 1 ch, channel per color), and it consistently turns the tree into a prop where each strand is displayed as having red, blue and green lights, as in bulb 1 is red, bulb 2 is blue, so on and so forth. I haven't come across any real world incandescent/LED strands of lights where that's even an option - I'm trying to create a tree where the strands come down longways from the top - not wrapped in tiers. Has anyone found a way to use the create prop feature and get an entire strand to be one color in this type of Mega Tree format?

Thank you!

Have you tried creating 12 separate strands using Draw Light Strings, then grouping them together.Bit of a pain, but you only have to do it once. There may be someone else chime in who has a better way.

Hi, that's exactly what I used to do in S4, I'm just wondering if there's a way to utilize the Prop builder in S5 instead of having to draw individual strings. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Edited by Aubrey

That's one of the main things I'd been trying - one of the issues is that, since I only actually want 12 channels, I have to pretend there's only 4 strings in the tree in order to get it to stop at 12 with that three color channel pattern. And unfortunately, it still shows the colors changing within the strand instead of the strand itself. For now I have the tree all one color and I'm use mentally remembering it's a pattern of three. I really like the ability to draw props because it looks so much cleaner, I just can't figure out how to get it to do color per strand... 

For 12 strings, I would just draw it manually. You can create a "dummy" tree (with a tree 360 shape) to use as a template for placing your manually created strings.

Matt

Thank you Matt! I knew that was always an option, I was just trying to see if there was a quicker way - I'll go ahead and manually draw the trees.