Light-O-Rama Forums

Replacing Orig Pixel Trees from S4 to new in S5

dgrant

I have two pixel trees in my display. Both are 16x50 but they are different wiring on different controllers. One uses a P12S and the other a San Devices 8602. The P12S runs WS2811 nodes whereas the 8602 runs LPD6803's. My original S4 Visualizer trees were individually drawn and channel assignments completed. I cannot use motion effects on either of these trees in S5 because there's no motion effect row possible. So if I change to the built in S5 pixel tree, how can I try it without losing the original pixel trees...basically have both operating on the preview screen at the same time in order to compare and insure its correct? I suppose I can just copy the preview and sequence to different names and go forwards anyway but from what I saw, it doesn't look like the S5 prop is going to be very forgiving when it comes to channel assignments. Especially with the 8602 as they are really strange. If I had the money, I'd just buy another Pixcon16 and be done with it.

So it appears, S5 can't take into account when there's a different setup than usual. One of my two pixel trees uses 6 universes. The first 5 each have 150 nodes via 3 strings of 50 nodes each, therefore 2 zig-zags within. The last of the 16 strips, uses a single universe by itself therefore only 50 nodes total. This setup, can't be created from the available prop design tool in S5.

My second pixel tree uses a different controller as well as being packed pixel channels. S5 doesn't appear to allow for this configuration either that's caused by the controller itself.

The issue with both trees is that I cannot establish motion effects on either tree unless I use SS or some other method. Yes, it would be easy if these two controllers were Pixcon16's but in this case, they are not.

I made my new bushes which have 10x 25 pixel strands, made up of 3 universes, of 100, 100 and 50 pixels, using the firestick prop to make each strand individually. Then combine into a group.

I have verified it works with the preview and on the light prop itself. You will have to account for the zig zag somewhere. This on a Falcon16. 

If I remember correctly, I was having similar differences to you with the matrix and tree props.

Edited by PhilMassey

I’m thinking I was doing both sequences and the controller as opposed to just one of them. I’ll keep digging. It works as is other than not being able to assign a motion effect to the group