Light-O-Rama Forums

Falcon-16 In conjunction with LOR Software and 16ch Box

Wilson Family Lights 32129

You will need an Ethernet connection from the computer directly to the F16, for E1.31 over Ethernet which the LOR software can output. This will work alongside your regular LOR RS 485 network which, of course originates from your USB port.

You will need a little basic networking knowledge, and you will want to keep the lighting traffic separated from your regular home network.

I have a second network card in my PC which services the E1.31, and keeps it all separated from my WIFI netwotk.

Do not confuse the two different protocols. Both use Cat 5 cable but are totally incompatible. Mixing up the two cables WILL fry somthing. You should plan on different color cables to keep it all straight.

There are plenty of threads on here concerning networking and E1.31 as it pertains to LOR, and we can help too.

It sounds a little daunting, but It really is not that hard to do.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wilson Family Lights 32129 said:

Hello all- How would I run an F-16 with LOR software and a 16ch box? TY

You can also run the LOR 16 channel controller off of one of the serial ports on the Falcon controller as long you are running the 16 channel controller as dmx. There should be plenty of videos on this. Just google it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ebrown1972 said:

You can also run the LOR 16 channel controller off of one of the serial ports on the Falcon controller as long you are running the 16 channel controller as dmx. There should be plenty of videos on this. Just google it.

They were already asking for help, now you just blew their mind.  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yEP...DO A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR VIDEO ON "FALCE F16V2 OR f16V3" and "lightorma".  Some pretty good video that go througt the whole process of infacing Falcon'swith LO|R. Seems straight forward once you have mastered the process but there is a pretty decent learning curve before yhou reach that "guru" point.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked