Light-O-Rama Forums
DocBrown86

Singing Faces - Incandescent to LED

Years ago I made singing faces, and 7 foot tall out of incandescent rope lights. I am looking at remaking them but noticed that where I last got them (1000bulbs I believe) has moved on to LED. Now I'm not opposed to using LED rope lights, however they do state that they are not dimmable. This would be an issue for me.

So, have any of you used cuttable LED rope lights that can dim? Is there a chance that even though they say they are not dimmable, that they actually are? Is there a way around this problem?

1 hour ago, DocBrown86 said:

Years ago I made singing faces, and 7 foot tall out of incandescent rope lights. I am looking at remaking them but noticed that where I last got them (1000bulbs I believe) has moved on to LED. Now I'm not opposed to using LED rope lights, however they do state that they are not dimmable. This would be an issue for me.

So, have any of you used cuttable LED rope lights that can dim? Is there a chance that even though they say they are not dimmable, that they actually are? Is there a way around this problem?

noveltylights.com still has incandescent as well as LED rope lights.  Ican is cuttable at 18inches and the LED cuttable at 30inches.

Dimmable ,led rope ,go to Christmas LED's .com  Or speak to Val there great Gal. I just replaced all the rope on five six foot wire frame snowflakes ,with pure white and I added blue, both are dimmable . I used 3/8 and it is very flexable ,very easy to work with and they look WOW. You can get cut lengths or a roll 150'

Good Luck

David

23 minutes ago, DLH lites said:

Dimmable ,led rope ,go to Christmas LED's .com  Or speak to Val there great Gal. I just replaced all the rope on five six foot wire frame snowflakes ,with pure white and I added blue, both are dimmable . I used 3/8 and it is very flexable ,very easy to work with and they look WOW. You can get cut lengths or a roll 150'

Good Luck

David

Is it possible the website is different? 3/8” dimmable LED would be amazing, but it says the domain is for sale...

53 minutes ago, DocBrown86 said:

Is it possible the website is different? 3/8” dimmable LED would be amazing, but it says the domain is for sale...

https://christmas-leds.com/