Light-O-Rama Forums

I want to see LightORamaDan's Christmas lights!

ShowProKevin

So I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere at some time, but I couldnt find it.

Does anyone know if Dan has videos or pictures of HIS show? Does he even do his own show? Does he have time? lol

So would I! Dan used to have an amazing display but I haven't seen updated pics of it for a number of years.

Here's his website, check out those pics and you'll see why Dan ended up running LOR :D : http://www.tl2000.com/

Dan, do you still do a display?

ETA: Harrison -- our posts crossed. Thanks for that link!

-Tim

Does he have his lights synced to something other than the Chime-o-matic? I want to see his lights in action

By the way, don't get me wrong. The Chime-O-Matic is awesome! :D

We have not had a display for 2 years. When I stop to think about it is depressing so I don't think about it much. During the time I would be setting up displays there is just too much going on with LOR to find the time to put up a display.

The display that you saw in the HGTV video was that last time the display was up. Because of the location of the house it was decorated on three sides. It was on a corner and had an open field (part of a Church Complex) on one side. The front of the house (north) was synced to music with 10 speakers lining the front sidewalk. The east side of the house had the Chimomatic and the lights there were in sync to the Chimes. The West side of the house boarded the field (a big lawn) and there was a parking lot for the church about 100 yards away were people would park and watch the lights. There was no music associated with them, those lights just went through patterns.

We had about 800 channels but most if it was not Light-O-Rama. Only the front of the house was Light-O-Rama the rest was the system I originally built for myself prior to LOR's existence.

We don't live there anymore we moved LOR to upstate NY. We will put up a small display this year where we live. There isn't much room for a display, the yard is much smaller. We will put up the nativity scene and a few trees (with LOR control).

Ponddude wrote:

I would expect videos...LOL

That is pretty interesting.... We never did take any real videos of the display. Maybe a couple of shots of Alex playing with the lights or something like that. I know that I must have something around.

We never pushed the fact that we had a display. Never tried to get any publicity. We would just sneak out the back door and mingle with the people walking around the house. On the west side there was a 100 ft long fence that was decorated and lights would chase from one end to another. The kids would chase the lights and make snow angles. Alex really enjoyed those evenings.

Beause people do not know it is your display you get to listen to what they think about the people who own that Christmas House. Some people thought we were nuts:)... Ahhh Now I am reminiscing. I sure do miss it.

With our display people had to park and walk around it. If people slowed down to watch, the horns would start honking for people to get moving. We lived on a fairly busy street There would usually be 30+ people at any one time walking around the house just watching the lights. The kids really liked the ChimeOmatic not necessarily because of the chimes but because they could push a button and make it do things. You would see a car stop (double parked), a kid would jump out of the car, the parents yelling hurry up... the kid would run, push the button then run back to the car and they would take off... :D

But my favorite of all time was when some adults broke a C9 off a stake as they tried to get into position to have their picture with the Nativity Set. As they walked away a beautiful little girl (I never saw her face), perhaps 8 with a pretty little coat with white fir at the ends of the arms and up by the neck. She carefully tried to get the light back up and she seemed so concerned and worked so hard to make it right. It is hard to describe the feeling but I saw something beautiful that night.

Okay... back to work! Merry Christmas

It shows that are still nice people in this world. I had a deer fall over last year and 5 kids on their way to school set it back up. It's nice to see good deeds on my security cameras.:D:D:D:D

LightORamaDan wrote:

Ponddude wrote:
I would expect videos...LOL

That is pretty interesting.... We never did take any real videos of the display. Maybe a couple of shots of Alex playing with the lights or something like that. I know that I must have something around.

We never pushed the fact that we had a display. Never tried to get any publicity. We would just sneak out the back door and mingle with the people walking around the house. On the west side there was a 100 ft long fence that was decorated and lights would chase from one end to another. The kids would chase the lights and make snow angles. Alex really enjoyed those evenings.

Beause people do not know it is your display you get to listen to what they think about the people who own that Christmas House. Some people thought we were nuts:)... Ahhh Now I am reminiscing. I sure do miss it.

With our display people had to park and walk around it. If people slowed down to watch, the horns would start honking for people to get moving. We lived on a fairly busy street  There would usually be 30+ people at any one time walking around the house just watching the lights. The kids really liked the ChimeOmatic not necessarily because of the chimes but because they could push a button and make it do things. You would see a car stop (double parked), a kid would jump out of the car, the parents yelling hurry up... the kid would run, push the button then run back to the car and they would take off... :D

But my favorite of all time was when some adults broke a C9 off a stake as they tried to get into position to have their picture with the Nativity Set. As they walked away a beautiful little girl (I never saw her face), perhaps 8 with a pretty little coat with white fir at the ends of the arms and up by the neck. She carefully tried to get the light back up and she seemed so concerned and worked so hard to make it right. It is hard to describe the feeling but I saw something beautiful that night.  

Okay... back to work! Merry Christmas

This is the reason I am, and always will be, an LOR customer. The passion Dan has for Christmas and his products are amazing.

Thanks for sharing Dan!!

Well, Dan you may not have had a display up in a a long time but you have helped a lot of people enhance theirs. Thank you!

I just read this thread and I have to agreee, Thanks Dan! That story about the little girl really touched me.
I don't advertise either, but, my display seems to be known throughout our town and most people really do enjoy it. I get cards (anonymously mostly, but, that's ok) from people saying they love to listen and watch and thank me for my selflessness. I think that's why all of us enjoy putting up displays, to make other people a little happier. Dan and the people at LOR make this a lot easier for us and for this we thank you.

Merry Christmas to all.....