Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 back to S4

~DOC~

Ok so my show PC has S4 my new laptop I did S5. I was going to try and learn S5 but that didn’t happen. Life! Anyway if I revert this back to S4 will I be able to go back to S5 latter without having to pay the cash out?

Your license determines what version you can use. If your license states up to lets say version 5.1.4 then yes you can go back.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Your license determines what version you can use. If your license states up to lets say version 5.1.4 then yes you can go back.

Mr. P Ok I remember this where do I go to see this. It was if I recall 5. Something

Best remember too that if you saved any sequences in S5, they probably won't work in S4. I'm not absolutely sure of that but I think its correct. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, dgrant said:

Best remember too that if you saved any sequences in S5, they probably won't work in S4. I'm not absolutely sure of that but I think its correct. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That is correct, any S4 sequences that were converted to S5 cannot go back to S4. That is why we always say make copies before converting.

Once an S5 sequence always an S5 sequence {well until S6 comes along}.  Tried S5, but made sure I created a backup folder of all the sequences I was going to convert, then converted those, S5 was just too complicated for me, so went back to S4 as well.

BTW: my backup folder was named S42S5_Conversions, that way I remember what they were in case I went back to S4, which I did.  But since I couldn't ever get S5 to really work for me and I never really was able to convert anything very weil at the time, I deleted everything I had done and that folder.  Didn't need it eating up drive space for nothing.

Yes, I too backed up everything, then backed up all of my S4 files before I started with S5 this year. I've run into numerous issues running S5 so far, like duplications of whole groups of props, imports didn't work as I expected them to work. Things that were easy to do in S4, are either not in S5 or difficult to find. Frankly, its a learning process and overall, the S5 software is still evolving as we users, are identifying things that need changes, fixes and improvements. I will run S5 this year. Now just because it sounds like S5 has all these negative issues, its actually better than S4 with lots of new capabilities that we didn't have.

• The topic was locked