Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble with the sequence editor

Thompson Family Christmas Lights

2016 32 channel Central Showtime making me rename after trying to save sequences error code invalid procedure call or argument 

1 hour ago, Thompson Family Christmas Lights said:

2016 32 channel Central Showtime making me rename after trying to save sequences error code invalid procedure call or argument 

Have you tried closing the Sequence Editor and then opening it back up, reloading the file to see if everything works?

I've gotten those errors in the past, I think sometimes the computer gets confused and somehow the memory or something gets corrupted in some manner.  Usually all I've ever needed to do was close the SE and then open it back up, load the file back in and everything functioned again.  

On some rare occasions I had to re-install the FTDI driver or update them to the latest version to correct the issue.  And finally one last thing that might cause this is the music file has become corrupted, the you need to get a fresh copy of the file, re-download it if possible if you don't have back-ups or copies of the original.

I always use a copy of the original in case something ever happens to the music file.  The justn reload the fresh copy into the SE using the Edit, Media File to reload the music file, when you do this Media File will show you the full name of the media file you used for the sequence. 

Other than these few issues are the only times I ever recall getting those same errors you're getting.

Now if none of the above works, I'd suggest a re-install of the Light-O-Rama suite.

Edited by Orville

13 hours ago, Thompson Family Christmas Lights said:

Sometimes this will happen if trying to copy/ paste to much at once.

The best way to check is to copy/ paste smaller sections and save it as you go.

Your license level may be causing it as well, if you are trying to copy more than your license allows.

JR

when that happens to me, only way i figured how to fix it was to copy all the info over to a new sequence and save it, copy the timings and all the sequencing