Light-O-Rama Forums

software/controllers

KBK

Hello.   How many controllers can I operate on the basic Software?   I am doing 2 now and want to add one more.  Does the software determine that or just what type of lights/show I can do? 

Thanks

13 minutes ago, KBK said:

Hello.   How many controllers can I operate on the basic Software?   I am doing 2 now and want to add one more.  Does the software determine that or just what type of lights/show I can do? 

Thanks

You really don't go by controllers, you go by Unit IDs. A Basic license lets you use two Unit IDs. Some controllers use one ID to operate and some use more then one so it would depend on the controllers you are wanting to use. If you are just wanting to use a basic CTB16 then you can use two of them.

You can compare license levels here:

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-suite-levels/

Licence comparison is here.

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-suite-software/

AC and Dumb DC controllers consume 1 ID. Pixel controllers up to 16 ID's each.

You are maxed out now on basic with two. Might as well bite the bullet and go to Pro. You'll get there anyway and the program features grow.

Beat me to it........

Edited by PhilMassey

11 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I'm still on S4, does S5 even use tracks? Anyone?

Can't say for sure about their version, but when I played around with S5, I don't recall seeing tracks in the version I checked out, which was an earlier version than what the OP shows theirs is.  But then again, S5 was just too confusing and complicated for me, so I could have missed things here and there since I could never get it to work for me, and why I went back to the last revision of S4.

29 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Existing S4 tracks become Grid View Groups in S5. Different name. Much the same thing.

Thanks Phil, so if they have a Basic license are they limited to two Grid View Groups?

• The topic was locked