Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
taybrynn

FM transmitter group buy on EDM LCD ends 10/31/08

I am creating a batch#10 "waiting list" for those who are seriously interested.

Please just PM me if your interested in what will be the last EDM transmitter group buy in 2008.

Folks on the waiting list we get a PM (from me) if/when batch#10 begins. They will have priority, since they will get the link earlier than the boards will.

You can specify whether you want me to PM you the sale link or email it to you. If you want me to email, please send me the email you want to me to send it to.

If, for some reason, EDM is unable to do a batch#10 this year ... then my apologies in advance. I think if we get enough folks interested, we could likely pull off one final group buy in 2008!

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

I signed up to the EDM group. Thanks for the information about the tool. I tried it and it works. Looks like some good information on the yahoo group site.

Tom

I will find out about batch#10 on Tuesday.

PM me if you want to get on the batch#10 waiting list.

The list has 7 folks already, some who missed out on #9 because it went so fast.

This will be the last EDM group buy in 2008.

Scott

The EDM LCD transmitter - group buy - Batch#10 has started.

This will be the final EDM LCD group buy of 2008.

Those on the waiting list have been notified.

PM me for the batch#10 sale link ASAP and I'll do my best to get it to you. I am on vacation right now, so that could be tricky for me to accomplish, but I will try.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/pm.php?send_to=taybrynn

EDM can close batch#10 anytime after the required 10 orders are received. They left open the possibility that more than 10 orders could be placed, so I encourage anyone looking for a great transmitter at a great price to consider this last group buy of the year from EDM.

EDM has assured me that folks placing orders now should receive their transmitters by Thanksgiving weekend, for their 2008 Christmas shows.

The transmitter is truly excellent, easy to assemble and comes with a 2 year warranty ... and features amazing quality, durability and sound.

Regards,
Scott

Yes, batch#9 has shipped. I don't think they have arrived in the US yet.

Batch#10 is at 10 orders ... PM me now before its too late.

Scott

taybrynn wrote:

[align=center]
BATCH # 8 - (10 of 10 confirmed orders) ...:]

Participants in Batch#8 - thanks!
[/align][align=center]

Steven

[/align]
I just received mine today.

I received mine and assembled it and it is just one faint gray line across the top of the LCD. EDM told me that the chip was in wrong or one of the legs was bent, I check both before even emailing them but I double check and still nothing. I have now sent them pictures of it and am waiting to hear back. I really hope the service is as good as I have heard on here.

Problem is already solved and on a saturday. Great customer Service.

Very excited it works.

FYI

Batch#10 is now closed.

We had over 10 orders ... thanks to all that participated! :D

This has been a win win, IMHO for EDM and Christmas Lighting Enthusiasts.

Thanks to EDM for doing these 10 batches for us in 2008 -- well over 120 transmitters sold and over $2000 saved for members in 2008.

Thanks to Terrypowerz for suggesting this in the first place. :)

Regards,
Scott / taybrynn

Well Scott,

Batch #8

It came today!!!! Put it together in a few minutes and had it up and running shortly there after. With the temp antenna I get about a block from the house before it starts to break up. Cant wait to see what it will do when the antenna is outside of the basement.

Thanks again

John

Great news :D ... please keep me posted when you get yours and comments on your assembly and operational testing are also very fun to read about.

Actually, toolguy was in batch#8 (not #9) ... I don't want batch#9 folks to get too excited just yet. There was a 9-10 delay between betch#8 and #9 ...

Scott

OOPS!!! See, I've been so excited about getting it I forgot just when I ordered it! Still, it hasn't even been a month yet.

Updates on EDM group buys:

The first of batch #9 shipments started arriving with buyers on this past weekend. Should be completed by early next week.

Batch#10 has not arrived in the US yet. Those are at least two weeks out, but EDM knows that folks need them before thanksgiving weekend.

There will be no more group buys in 2008 ... sorry to anyone who missed out.:(
You can still place orders on the regular EDM web site: :(

http://www.edmdesign.com/orders.html

Part# EDM-TX-LCD-EP ($172 shipped) EDM LCD - flagship (the group buy model)
or
Part# EDM-TX-110EP ($126 shipped) EDM LED - 10/100 adjustable power model
or

Part# EDM-TX-10P ($102 shipped) EDM LED - 10mw fixed power model
get this if your thinking fm25b,
ccrane or ebay transmitter.

Scott

I just received mine from batch #9 :D
actually, they tried to deliver it Saturday, but I had it shipped to my business and wasn't here Saturday :(

I guess I'll be warming up the soldering station tonight!!

It wasn't more than a few days after I received my LCD that I couldn't help voiding the warranty by hooking it up to my Pira32 RDS encoder. ;)

See this on how I modified it, and this for info about my RDS encoder.

I got mine today in the mail. Was part of Batch #9. Works great! Can't wait to try it head to head with my Ramsey unit. Sounded better than what I remember from last year..

Steven wrote:

It wasn't more than a few days after I received my LCD that I couldn't help voiding the warranty by hooking it up to my Pira32 RDS encoder. :P

See this on how I modified it, and this for info about my RDS encoder.

You have to love the Internet. Thanks for posting this.