Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple color changes in SE

don731

Would it be easier to do simple original CCR color changes in SE instead of SuperStar?  I am using a full length ribbon as ambient color....all blue, fade to red, etc.

Is it also possible to split the ribbon into two colors....a foot of red followed by a foot of blue, repeat, repeat.  

Thanks!

Make a group of all the pixels in the ribbon. Collapse it so only one row shows. Apply color using color fade tool. All the pixels will be filled. There are other ways too.

If you want static red blue bars, open up the group. Let's say 6 pixels is about a foot, so make the first 6 red, the next 6 blue, then copy and paste it the the rest of the way down.

You can chase a sequence of colors through the group too if you want some movement. 

Got the fade tool to work with both single and multiple colors.  However, trying to twinkle anything but pure single RGB results in individual colors twinkling, rather than the selected colors, such as yellow and purple.  

15 minutes ago, don731 said:

Got the fade tool to work with both single and multiple colors.  However, trying to twinkle anything but pure single RGB results in individual colors twinkling, rather than the selected colors, such as yellow and purple.  

That is just how the Twinkle works, random pattern and colors. They should make another effect and call it Sparkle so you can get a random pattern in a chosen color.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, Mr. P said:

That is just how the Twinkle works, random pattern and colors. They should make another effect and call it Sparkle so you can get a random pattern in a chosen color.

I thought the same thing...wasn't sure what to call it though.

To your credit, Mr. P, make a feature suggestion for the Sparkle feature, I think it is a useful feature. Selectable colors, patterns, and timing...

• The topic was locked