Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help

kj11856

Anyone here know where I can find someone that is willing to reprogram my sequences to the S5. I have all the props setup. just don't have time to do all of this reprogramming. I have a total of 16 songs. some I wanna keep the original sequence timings but upgrade to the new software. 

If you have a visualizer for your setup you can import it into S5. It should match your S4 sequence layout exactly. Any errors will mean more work to straighten out.

Open an S4 sequence in S5 and you will be prompted to load an S4 Vis file. The Preview will be generated which you can use next time  if it looks good.

It did a fair job on my sequences 50 of them, but there was some cleanup of tracks and labels, some of which I am still finding after 3 months.

A lot of things have moved around, but once you get used to it it works pretty well

My problem is there are a lot of lights I’m replacing. Replacing classic lights and dumb lights with addressable ribbons with pixie16 controllers. That’s my problem. I’m sorry I didn’t convey that in the first post. 

Kj,  I just did several moves from S4 to S5 pro and it was not an issue. A couple of questions and it will create an .loredit file

Give it a try, very easy.

Jack

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, kj11856 said:

My problem is there are a lot of lights I’m replacing. Replacing classic lights and dumb lights with addressable ribbons with pixie16 controllers. That’s my problem. I’m sorry I didn’t convey that in the first post. 

Its pretty late in the season. Why not use your new props/ rgb lights in S4 this year and once the holiday starts then start the migration? It doesn't take very long to make a visualization in S4 and then as PhilMassey states you can migrate it over to S5.

JR

As Jr says, you don't have to replace everything at one go. Get some experience with RGB with a few props and a couple of controllers, this year alongside or complimenting your existing lights. Trying to do it all at once is likely to be a struggle, this late. Leave S5 till next year, the upgrade process is far from painless and takes a little time to sort everything out. My head exploded several times before I got the hang of the basics.

My transition to RGB started in 2013 and my mini trees are still AC because I like the look.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

As Jr says, you don't have to replace everything at one go. Get some experience with RGB with a few props and a couple of controllers, this year alongside or complimenting your existing lights. Trying to do it all at once is likely to be a struggle, this late. Leave S5 till next year, the upgrade process is far from painless and takes a little time to sort everything out. My head exploded several times before I got the hang of the basics.

My transition to RGB started in 2013 and my mini trees are still AC because I like the look.

I am using S5 vicariously through the rest of you pioneers. LOL

JR