Light-O-Rama Forums

Easiest way to start my Smart And Dumb Light Display

Colorado Dep

I currently have the TSO start up set and I want to move into smart and dumb pixels. What is the easiest way to get started?

47 minutes ago, Colorado Dep said:

I currently have the TSO start up set and I want to move into smart and dumb pixels. What is the easiest way to get started?

Please tell us more about what you have.

In order to use pixels depending on the controller(s) you will need the Pro version of your license. So that would be where you need to start.

Tell us what you are wanting to do. Also did you purchase the unlocked version of your TSO sequences? If not you will need them if you venture outside the package norms.

Your title wording is a little different than the body of your message. You will also need to clarify what lights you are or want to use.

JR

Concur with what my friend JR stated.  Without knowing what license level you have since you profile shows N/A.  You will need a minimum of Advanced to use RGB pixels, however, Advanced IS Limited in that area, PRO would definitely be the way to go.  Especially if you're thinking more RGB pixels over the old style incandescent or L.E.D. bulb strands.

Knowing what you have and what you want to do will help others to give you the help you need.

Have you already bought RGB pixels or just now considering this option?

Pixels take a little bit to learn and are more time intensive than regular bulb or L.E.D. strands.  Will you be running a mix of incandescent bulbs, L.E.D. and Pixels?   Layout set up for your display also needs to be taken into consideration.  Also there are numerous RGB[Pixel] style of controllers, have you determined which type of RGB Controller you plan to use?  Dumb or Smart Pixels also must be noted as there is a difference in how to program a smart pixel strand compared to a dumb one.

All this info will help those of us to help you once we know exactly what your intended target is for your complete display set up.

Edited by Orville
correct typo's!