Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR and S5 Network Requirement

dgrant

I’ve got a single CCR which I’ve been using for several years without any issues other than once having to update its firmware. Now all of a sudden, S5 demands that the CCR must be on an enhanced network when prior to this, it’s been working just fine on the regular network. I’d like to know why it’s changed?

I'm sure Matt will chime in here, but I believe that is because you are:

1 - Using S5

2 - In S5 are using Motion Effects

Motion Effects ALWAYS require you to use ELOR.  That's not a change, it has been like that since S5/PE

Thanks Mike for the response. This will be my first year of using S5 which is how I found it. I'm not using ELOR though, rather a "red" high speed adapter for this network and I'm establishing a path to the outside for it. Yes, I did assign a motion effect to this CCR so I suppose the explains the need for an enhanced network.

Sorry, had a duh attack....lol. Elor as in Enhanced LOR. For some reason I remember Elor being a device of its own a few years ago. So yes, I'm setting up for a high-speed LOR network to the outside in addition to the "Regular" LOR network. Question, will the standard RS485 network splitter, work with the high-speed input therefore outputting high-speed?

Edited by dgrant

• The topic was locked