Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lee T.

Mirror Image of Arch

In the sequencer, is it possible to copy an arch sequence on one controller and paste it to another controller so you get a mirror image?  Or would I just reverse the plugs on the second arch?  Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)

If you want the arches to do the exact some thing, then yes.

If you want one to start left to right and the other one to start right to left, then use autoflip from Bob-o. http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

Works great!!

Steps for autoflip with S4:

Click add new clipboard
highlight new click board
right click and rename
ex: circle-ho (-ho) means horizontal in autoflip tool
Select your channels and copy
right click on clipboard and select save
select load clipboard
load in the name-hf.lcb file
select name-hf
paste channels

Edited by gsmith37064

Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2019 at 9:41 PM, Lee T. said:

In the sequencer, is it possible to copy an arch sequence on one controller and paste it to another controller so you get a mirror image?  Or would I just reverse the plugs on the second arch?  Thanks in advance.

The above flip instructions are one way. And also the opposite plugging them in works too. But then it’s always mirrored. 

If you have channels to spare, you will have many more options creating the other arch as it’s own prop. Meaning sometimes I want them mirrored. Sometimes I don’t. I do the same with candy cane spinners. 

Keep them in left to right order on your main track. Then in a group track, you can drag into any order you want without effecting your original configuration. You can make all kinds of extra configurations. I have a group with spinners reversed for example. 

Post your email or pm me and I’ll send you an example. Or better yet, send me one of your .lms files and I’ll add you a quick reversed arch group to it. 

dcdpkpr@cox.net

Edited by Mega Arch

Thank you both for the replies.  Sorry I didn't respond sooner but my daughter just got married and I didn't have much time for visiting the forums.  Give me a few days to get back into LOR and I will get back to either one or both of you.

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Lee T.

Greg and Mega Arch,

I finally got down to work on Christmas again and I tried the AutoFlip program.  Greg's directions worked great as I actually got a "flip" when I ran a test.  Mega Arch, thank you also for your excellent suggestions.

Both of you were very helpful and I thank you both again for taking the time to respond to my post.

Lee