Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I expand/modify the time of an effect (S5)

orchidman

S5.3.2 Pixie tree

I have an effect that I created earlier in a sequence and have copied and pasted it into a later time.  It is from 1:41:30 to 1:44:60.  However in this new location, I want it to start at 1:37:40 and play to 1:44:60.  I have used the Scene Setup to move the layers to the times I want each layer to play however I have not been able to figure out how to save, select the full time interval and make it play for the full time.  It still only wants to play from 1:41:30 to 1:44:60.

It has to be simple but I have not been able to figure it out yet.  Can someone direct me to a video or ????? that will help me.

Thanks

Do the following:

1) select the effect

2) select the time range you want on the time ruler

3) click on the "modify" button in the dialog box

Thank you for the reply.  Trying to follow your 3 steps.

1 selecting the effect opens SS5.  OK

2 I have modified the layers so if I select an early layer, I can see the full time in the yellow band, however the row below it where you select the time you want a layer to be defined, only shows the original time, not the expanded time I want the effect to display.  I can select any timing within the original time period 1:41:30 to 1:44:60  but I can't expand the row to allow me to select anything in the time period 1:37:40  to 1:41:30.  I have modified layers to move them (nudge them) to the timing I want.  Hope this screen shot will help.

image.thumb.png.7f50b4f1df1bb8bf18b74d4cd4ffda23.png

Continuing to play with the problem, I reopened the effect. As displayed above I selected all of the layers, did a copy and then closed SS.

I then selected the full time range in S5 that I wanted and selected 'Insert SS Effect'.  In the new SS that opened, I  selected the full time range and did a Edit | Paste.  Got all the layers.  Saving and exiting, the effect was saved into S5 correctly.

Seems like there should be a more elegant way to do this but looks like I got what I needed.