Light-O-Rama Forums

Question regarding no playback files needed

dougd

I never know what universe/channel numbers my props are going to use until I get most everything setup in the yard. Last year I entered all the correct universe/channel info into the preview and then created the playback files for all my sequences. Will I do the same thing this year but all I will have to do is save the .Loredit file?

15 hours ago, dougd said:

I never know what universe/channel numbers my props are going to use until I get most everything setup in the yard. Last year I entered all the correct universe/channel info into the preview and then created the playback files for all my sequences. Will I do the same thing this year but all I will have to do is save the .Loredit file?

A few things to note:

1) Make sure the LOREDIT file is the one you add to your show in the Show Editor.

2) Editing your sequence and saving it will trigger the playback files to be created/updated when your show plays.

3) Editing your preview is enough to cause all sequences that use that preview to be updated when your show plays. No need to go back and resave all of the sequences if you are just updating a channel in the preview.

Matt

Matt,  a couple of things,

Is the .0000 added to the file name suffix really necessary as it does not seem to increment, at least as far as I can see. Not only do I need to copy the files, I have to edit the file name.

I can see long delays waiting for all the sequences to process at first playback, I have 50+, I have only played around with small files so far but I have much bigger ones.

Do playback files supercede compressed sequence files? I disabled compressed and they obviously go away, so you don't have to wait for them to process, but are they any advantage now?

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Matt,  a couple of things,

Is the .0000 added to the file name suffix really necessary as it does not seem to increment, at least as far as I can see. Not only do I need to copy the files, I have to edit the file name.

I can see long delays waiting for all the sequences to process at first playback, I have 50+, I have only played around with small files so far but I have much bigger ones.

Do playback files supercede compressed sequence files? I disabled compressed and they obviously go away, so you don't have to wait for them to process, but are they any advantage now?

Thanks.

The numeric suffix at the end of the playback file name indicates the enhanced status of your LOR networks. If the enhanced status changes, we would need to generate a new playback file, and that is how we identify that situation.

Yes, it can take a while to generate the playback files. Either run the show early so they all get created, or set the "Sequences are loaded before any are played" option in the Show Editor:

image.png

Compressed sequences are still a benefit.

Hope that helps,

Matt

20 hours ago, MattBrown said:

A few things to note:

3) Editing your preview is enough to cause all sequences that use that preview to be updated when your show plays. No need to go back and resave all of the sequences if you are just updating a channel in the preview.

Matt

Wow that is awesome news. All i can say was this was a fantastic update. Great job!