Light-O-Rama Forums
PhilMassey

Moving Pixels between Grid View Groups

I am trying to arrange the pixels in a prop into a particular order.

I have 10 strings of 25 pixels on a bush in 10 Grid View groups.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ih75cv6uzeas40/sc 5.jpg?dl=0

If I expand the groups to show all the pixels and try to drag a pixel in say, Str 1 into Str 2, It won't let me. I can drag them within a group, but not into a different expanded group.

If I drag a pixel from Str 1 into another Str while it is NOT expanded the pixel will go in and can be seen when you do open the group.

I can live with it but is it expected behavior?

Thanks for the feedback! I may need some more information in order to duplication what you are describing....

So "Bush 01 Str 01" is a prop, correct? As is "Bush 01 Str 02", etc? And you have enabled "channel level" on each of those strings and removed any motion effect rows? So you then you just have 10 props and 2 beat channels in your grid view?

1) Where are the grid view groups (as in right click on an item in the list and select "Create Grid View Group")?

2) As props, I cannot duplicate this: "If I drag a pixel from Str 1 into another Str while it is NOT expanded the pixel will go in and can be seen when you do open the group."

Matt

I have been working more with this, and need to clarify further.

Firstly, chan level is on and there are no motion rows in this group. Each string is a prop of 25 pix. 

What seems to be happening is as follows.

I can't drag a pixel from Srt 1 into Str 2 when both are expanded.

I can drag a pixel out of a string, but it seems to duplicate and the original remains. The duplicate is outside the props. If I drag all the pixel ones out of the groups they duplicate leaving the originals where they were. I can then create a new group of all the duped pixels. This is OK (I think), just not what used to happen in S4 and not what I was expecting, but I think it's going to work out. 

Difficult to describe........

So yes, that is the intended behavior. Those pixels are part of a prop -- in the grid you can re-order the pixels for a prop -- but adding or removing pixels from the prop would destroy its integrity. That is why, when you drag a pixel out of a prop, you are making a copy of the sequence row for the pixel.

Matt

Makes sense, so that is what "Hide Item" is for, rather than delete.

If you mistakenly Hide an item, how do you get it back should you want to 

Thanks for your help, Sorry to take up so much of your time. I'll be quiet for a while now.........perhaps 

Phil