Light-O-Rama Forums

Ver 5.3.0 Create Playback Files or not ?

Phil,

Don't give up on S5, this will all get sorted out. As you know LOR and Matt are really good about addressing issue. Your feedback is helpful. I'm sure ItsMeBobo will be along also to sort out the Miip issue.

I don't create my shows with an SD card but I'm wondering if this will work for you. In my second post in this thread I explained how I use my editing pc to create the playback files, instead of having the show pc do it.

Try this with one song. Create the playback files on you editing pc with Show Editor, the finished files will be put into C:\Users\mypc\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\Your show Filename directory. After this is done, copy your original song .loredit file into this directory also.

You should end up with 4 files in the C:\Users\mypc\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\Your show Filename directory

yoursong.play.lms.lcs

yoursong.play.lms.pe.lid

yoursong.play.lms files.

and your original yoursong.loredit file

show%20ed2.png

I'm not quite sure how the SD card show creation process works, but can you now point to C:\Users\mypc\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\Your show Filename directory and create shows from there?

The two things to try are pointing to the .loredit file and if that doesn't work point to the yoursong.play.lms by changing the loading default file type. (lack of better word) :)

show%20ed1.png

From what I am seeing, at least with Show On Demand, if the playback files are already created then the Show on Demand sees them and does not bother to create them, they just simply play.

Hope this helps.

Alan...

Alan, thanks for the suggestions.

My show and editing PC are one and the same. No SD card involved.

Unless I run show player (Show on demand) The play back files never get created, The existing 5.2 files in my sequence folder play.

After I make a change to a Loredit file, when I save It the playback files do not create. Only when I play a show, do they get created,  LMS, a LCS, and a LID. Even on a small sequence this takes many seconds. Additionally each file gets a four digit number appended to the file suffix, currently .0000, but can that change?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2e7ikok16s84x9f/sc 09.jpg?dl=0

I just tried copying the "Sequence name.0000.play.lms"  to my sequences folder but it would not work in Miip until I remover the .0000 from the file suffix.... surprise.

Not giving up quite yet but it is July and I need to get some sequencing done. 

I have managed to at least get my timings from two new S5 sequences to import into an S4 sequence format, by editing the xml so there is that.

Phil

2 hours ago, MattBrown said:
5 hours ago, PCRail said:

I'm still stuck in the Hub. If it's true that the progress bar is supposed to completely fill when OK is clicked in the "success" box, then something is wrong with my LOR world because it does not fill in when OK is clicked. I still can't create a show that plays on G3 Director SD card using the .loredit file in the Hub. If I use a play file previously created in 5.2. all's well.

Try creating an SD card with just one LOREDIT file on it. Does that work? If not, please create a ticket with the help desk, zip up the sequence and attach it to the ticket. Include any supporting files for picture/movie/SuperStar effects in the zip file. Thanks,

Matt

Yes, please follow Matt's instructions.  Both of us will need to look at the sequence in question since I'm Hub and he's Sequencer.  The best way to get that file to us is via the help desk.  Just put in the title this should go to Mike with the title of this thread.

Thanks for the heads up Phil.      I cant say I have tried S5 since last fall so I am not able to follow the changes being made that well just skimming this..    I am thinking that miip versions will be able to keep up if we are just talking about changes to file extensions and folder locations.  Miip is already LOR version aware so it should be able to create the correct show file for the version installed.   When the format of the .lss changes or is replaced altogether, miip may need time to recover for people on newer versions of S5.   

I hated having to create the playback files. The new way is much better. Thanks.

Since the single .loredit file did not work, I created a ticket. 

thanks

Can we deleted the playback files that were created in the sequence directory since they are no longer needed in 5.3.2?

Matt, 

I don’t like the fact that the playback files are now being stored in a different location than the main .loredit files. I spend a lot of time keeping all files, music, videos and relative background images as well as prop images in a specific folder for for each song I synchronize for organization. Now I’m going to have to hunt the files that are created and move them after every edit. I liked the ability to say where the files were going to, when we had to do it manually. I’m not against the automatic creation of the playback files, but I want them to go into the same folder as the main files or the ability to say where they go for each .loredit file I create. 

• Like 1