Light-O-Rama Forums

Triggering shows - two questions

Oliver Blatt

Hi everyone. I've done some searching already and can't quite find the information I am looking for, so I'm reaching out to everyone here.

I'd like to use the same trigger to start different musical sequences in order. For example, the first time the trigger is activated song 1 plays. The second time the same trigger is activated song 2 plays, etc. Is this possible? I found another discussion talking about reading the help section for interactive groups, but I don't know where to find that! Any links are helpful too.

My second question is as follows: is it possible to set up the trigger so that the sequence plays when the button is released, not when it's pressed?

Thanks in advance!

I have seen that, but I have some very specific triggering parameters that I need to happen. I'm developing a  new live action show and I'd like to use LOR for the audio/lighting elements that are synched to a script to be triggered by the actor as the show progresses.

11 minutes ago, Oliver Blatt said:

Hi everyone. I've done some searching already and can't quite find the information I am looking for, so I'm reaching out to everyone here.

I'd like to use the same trigger to start different musical sequences in order. For example, the first time the trigger is activated song 1 plays. The second time the same trigger is activated song 2 plays, etc. Is this possible? I found another discussion talking about reading the help section for interactive groups, but I don't know where to find that! Any links are helpful too.

My second question is as follows: is it possible to set up the trigger so that the sequence plays when the button is released, not when it's pressed?

Thanks in advance!

IIRC You use the HU to  set the direction (NC/NO) of the trigger.  I would like to know if there are restrictions on a CONTINUOUS trigger state. (EG dusk ON photocell)

1 minute ago, TheDucks said:

I would like to know if there are restrictions on a CONTINUOUS trigger state. (EG dusk ON photocell)

Good question. The triggering on the "release" of the trigger is not nearly as important as being able to use the same trigger to play songs one at a time in order, it will just make life a lot easier for the actor who needs to operate the trigger.

9 minutes ago, Oliver Blatt said:

Good question. The triggering on the "release" of the trigger is not nearly as important as being able to use the same trigger to play songs one at a time in order, it will just make life a lot easier for the actor who needs to operate the trigger.

Look at the 4.x Help

Jukebox

"Jukebox" interactive groups allow you to define a group of sequences, each hooked up to be triggered by an individual circuit on some LOR controller, such that only one sequence in the group can be playing at any given time, and if one already is playing when another is triggered, the first will continue playing uninterrupted, and the trigger will be ignored.

If you assign more than one sequence to a single circuit in a single jukebox, then whenever that circuit is triggered, the "next" sequence in the list, round-robin, will be played.

Both musical sequences and animation sequences can be placed into a jukebox interactive group.

Thanks. It took me forever, but I found the help section! I appreciate the help so far, and if this project progresses to completion I'll share the results.

Question 2 should be doable with a little added electronics.  What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

You can get a momentary switch with NO/NC like this.   So the moment of release would trigger the sequence.    And it would continue until you pressed and held it.  

You may want a panel with multiple labeled buttons so the actor can trigger the appropriate sequence at the moment it is needed?    

dc9f598a-d8c8-4e07-93b0-e16bddc9c1ab_1.150aae2a387af3e0cb3bc7ed5485bd27.jpeg (1100Ã1100)

Edited by ItsMeBobO

As I said, we need to know what Oliver is trying to accomplish.  without that, we're just guessing.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:53 AM, TheDucks said:

I wonder if the need for trigger on release, is because the trigger device is a Contact MAT, and the trigger is desired when they LEAVE their mark (which is on the mat)

Good guess, and pretty close! I'm working on a hayride for a client, and one of the applications of LOR will be to trigger audio/light/sfx cues onboard the wagon as the ride progresses. Some of these audio cues will be the driver "responding" to the actor in the wagon, and if I build the trigger into a microphone prop (think CB radio mic) they can use the prop naturally...ie. press the button to "talk" to the driver, and when they release the button, the sequence is triggered of the driver responding. I'll be using LOR for many other things too in this show, but this is why I'm looking to trigger at the release of the button.

• The topic was locked