Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Config Issues

ericm

Ok so this year i had to completely redo my channels had stuff everywhere as I just added to the end as I added to my show year after year.  Had channels for the same prop going to 4 different controllers, ugh..Ok so no biggie, time consuming but I got it done, copied my sequences over prop by prop.   

1.  I had my RGB floods on controller numbers 60-61 moved those to 44-45, deleted out 60-61.

2. Had a track 4 for my side to side and front to back motions, deleted that track

So track 4 and controllers 60-61 are gone. Export my channel config, save. Done

So i have to import this new channel config into my 27 different sequences i use.  No biggie import, save done.

1.  On about half of my imports, track 4 comes back not with my channels I had on it but the 8 channels for fore, vocals, etc that a new track comes with.

2.  About half of the floods from controller 60 and 61 return, and different each time which floods show back up.

Sometimes both sometimes one or the other.

Anyone have a clue why this is happening?

Before you suggest it, I tries creating new exports after deleting the above mentioned add back and they stick keep coming back.  Checked my channel config and they have been deleted before exporting a new export.

Eric

What you have now is basically a scrambled Rubik's cube and only you know what you did to get there 

I'm afraid it's just an exercise in logic to untangle it.

The only thing I can suggest st this point is to try to get the modified sequence to match the new config. Obviously they don't at the moment. Even one channel row out of place, can be a challenge to find and correct, and it sounds like you have a lot.

If it's scrambled beyond hope of  recovery, you might have to resort to sorting  out your new config in a blank sequence, and then copy and pasting your content back in from the original.

This is why you don't mess with your main track unless you really have a handle on what you are doing. 

Add new stuff at the bottom of track 1 and don't delete anything or re order anything.......... ever. 

Create a new track or tracks, for moving stuff around into the order you like.

53 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

What you have now is basically a scrambled Rubik's cube and only you know what you did to get there 

I'm afraid it's just an exercise in logic to untangle it.

The only thing I can suggest st this point is to try to get the modified sequence to match the new config. Obviously they don't at the moment. Even one channel row out of place, can be a challenge to find and correct, and it sounds like you have a lot.

If it's scrambled beyond hope of  recovery, you might have to resort to sorting  out your new config in a blank sequence, and then copy and pasting your content back in from the original.

This is why you don't mess with your main track unless you really have a handle on what you are doing. 

Add new stuff at the bottom of track 1 and don't delete anything or re order anything.......... ever. 

Create a new track or tracks, for moving stuff around into the order you like.

I normally wouldn't just change it all up but I have controllers moving locations and will not all be in one spot any longer.  So i had to move stuff around to group it properly.  

I started with a blank sequence and re-did my entire channel setup from channel 1-736, exported that for my base and then copied and pasted the sequencing into place for each song.  The sequencing isn't messed up its adding things to places that are not an issue per se but just an annoyance to have to go delete and remove each time I update my channel config when I find an error to fix. 

I think your tracks are different than you think.    If the effects are correct in your master track but wrong on a track (which is a view of channels in master) than the track was built that way.   When you have to delete effects from a track, you are also deleting them from master track.   Your master track should have 100% of the channels and each track will be some of them arranged differently than the master.