Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Box on Rails

Network Cable pigtails on CC devices??

Recommended Posts

I have been adding more and more CCPs over the years and now I have around 25 devices scattered around the 2 houses on my block. Every year I have to open most of the Controllers to plug/unplug the Network cable in and store the devices. Has anyone used small pigtail network cables to extend out of the CC device to avoid having to open and close it to connect/disconnect the cables? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

I have been adding more and more CCPs over the years and now I have around 25 devices scattered around the 2 houses on my block. Every year I have to open most of the Controllers to plug/unplug the Network cable in and store the devices. Has anyone used small pigtail network cables to extend out of the CC device to avoid having to open and close it to connect/disconnect the cables? 

LOR sells pigtails with weather resistant connectors. 👍

You do need to install your own RJ45 plug after threading the CAT5 wire thru the gland nut for all your inter-unit runs.  (I slid the opposite end one down the entir length. BUT NO BOOTED CONNECTORS allowed. bare RJ plugs only)

Once those have been built, Next years setup is easy (💡 Do mark the cable as to intended use location)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://store.lightorama.com/rjwada.html

If this is the Item you are talking about I would need 54 of then at 6 bucks each. that totals $324 before shipping and tax. I could get two CCP II 50s for that amount. in this hobby, Sometime you gotta pay for connivance. Thanks for the help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

Those are what I'm using.  Saves a ton of time - and I only have six CCP controllers.

40 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

You do need to install your own RJ45 plug after threading the CAT5 wire thru the gland nut for all your inter-unit runs. 

No you don't.  The rubber seal is split.  Just take it apart.  An RJ-45 goes through the plastic pieces just fine.  Put the rubber part over the cable using the split and put it all back together.  Takes less than one minute.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

No you don't.  The rubber seal is split.  Just take it apart.  An RJ-45 goes through the plastic pieces just fine.  Put the rubber part over the cable using the split and put it all back together.  Takes less than one minute.

 

😳 How did I miss that on almost 20 ends I have made up????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheDucks said:

😳 How did I miss that on almost 20 ends I have made up????

Likely that you never took one apart - only loosened it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...