Light-O-Rama Forums

Bangarang Faces

ericm

• 10 months later...

One thing to say, I normally do not sequence faces to Skrillex because of what we can do with the non face lights, I do light the outlines though. Usually very little words. Im not sure but in the last 5 seconds the F bomb was dropped.

Totally love sequencing to Skrillex though.

JR

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

One thing to say, I normally do not sequence faces to Skrillex because of what we can do with the non face lights, I do light the outlines though. Usually very little words. Im not sure but in the last 5 seconds the F bomb was dropped.

Totally love sequencing to Skrillex though.

JR

That's the one thing I don't like about some songs, the curse words.  So I always try and edit those out using my Music Editor software to make them "Family/Child" friendly.  I really don't want to hear ANY swear words in my shows period!   Artists need to make 2 versions of their songs, one for the "deplorable" types that like it and a cleaned up version for folks that don't want to hear that kind of language.  

But until they do {some do, but very few} I'll just keep cutting out the swear words in any song I may use that has them in it.

3 hours ago, Orville said:

That's the one thing I don't like about some songs, the curse words.  So I always try and edit those out using my Music Editor software to make them "Family/Child" friendly.  I really don't want to hear ANY swear words in my shows period!   Artists need to make 2 versions of their songs, one for the "deplorable" types that like it and a cleaned up version for folks that don't want to hear that kind of language.  

But until they do {some do, but very few} I'll just keep cutting out the swear words in any song I may use that has them in it.

Yes, editing is fine for your own shows but when you edit a song to share or even to sell you must also in most cases share the audio and that will never happen from me. Unless it was a one on one request I never sequence a song to share that the person cannot legally purchase the song.

When you sequence faces its already difficult for some people to read the directions to copy paste from my sequence to theirs. Now try explaining to them how to edit a song down to get it where it needs to be to align.

The Skrillex song would be really easy. Cut off the final 7 seconds and done but I would probably get a hundred private messages or emails asking either if I can do it for them or how to do it.

There are only a couple cuss words that will air in my shows and they are also heard on the radio but the F bomb or anything close wont happen.

I was going to do a song not long ago, a great song and about 30 seconds toward the end yep, the f bomb. 

If anyone finds the entire song without the F bomb for sale let me know and I will sequence the faces to share. Probably take me 30 mins with as little lyrics.

JR

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Yes, editing is fine for your own shows but when you edit a song to share or even to sell you must also in most cases share the audio and that will never happen from me. Unless it was a one on one request I never sequence a song to share that the person cannot legally purchase the song.

When you sequence faces its already difficult for some people to read the directions to copy paste from my sequence to theirs. Now try explaining to them how to edit a song down to get it where it needs to be to align.

The Skrillex song would be really easy. Cut off the final 7 seconds and done but I would probably get a hundred private messages or emails asking either if I can do it for them or how to do it.

There are only a couple cuss words that will air in my shows and they are also heard on the radio but the F bomb or anything close wont happen.

I was going to do a song not long ago, a great song and about 30 seconds toward the end yep, the f bomb. 

If anyone finds the entire song without the F bomb for sale let me know and I will sequence the faces to share. Probably take me 30 mins with as little lyrics.

JR

Understand that, was just offering suggestions to those that don't want that kind of theme in their shows.  We all had to learn how to "edit" songs down for our shows at some point. 

It's kind of why I haven't shared my sequences now.  Because I cut off the beginning and end silent parts that lead into and out at the end of a song.  I find them unnecessary, and I also edit out any long silent pauses in my show songs, which helps to shorten them, sometimes by as much as 1-2 minutes!  

I guess if I'm going to share them, I'd have to create 2 versions, one with the song fully intact to share and the other specific for my show display.  That's a lot of extra work perhaps. 

But most often after I edit a song to where I want it for my show, I don't usually keep the original, at least not on my computer, I do have them somewhere on a CD, but deleted from my HD once I have the song edited to my preference.

• The topic was locked