Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel tree inside a mega tree

Mr. P

One of my props is currently a 48 string mega tree 20 feet tall controlled by three CTB16's. I currently have a leftover 16 port pixel controller and 20 strings of pixels so I was thinking of doing a 15 foot pixel tree inside the mega tree. Opinions on how you think that would look? Has anyone already done that and have a video?

Very Interesting idea.

I wonder if the spacing (inner cone to outer cone ) is enough to make a clear visual separation of the activities. Sort of a visual carousel (but inverted)

I have a plan for next year to have a 10’ spiral tree inside my 18’.... saw one somewhere and it looked amazing

3 minutes ago, ericm said:

I have a plan for next year to have a 10’ spiral tree inside my 18’.... saw one somewhere and it looked amazing

Pretty much the same idea and I think it would look pretty good. Just not wanting to spend the extra money to grow the pixel tree this year so I figure the extra parts can enhance an existing prop.

28 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Very Interesting idea.

I wonder if the spacing (inner cone to outer cone ) is enough to make a clear visual separation of the activities. Sort of a visual carousel (but inverted)

The mega tree base diameter is about 14' so I figure a pixel tree inside with a 10' diameter may look good.

Did the spiral mimic light pattern of the mega tree? I'm trying to think of some things to add for this year and that sounds like it might work. I have 10ft tree running dumb leds, all white. Now I'm thinking maybe adding a Pixie 2 with a smart string that mimics the dumb lights on the outside tree might look pretty good with the colors in a swirl around the pole. Any thoughts on that?   

I used to like watching pretty (dumb?) things swirl around a pole. Sorry that was my first thoughts.

• The topic was locked