Light-O-Rama Forums

cant start lor II due to errors!

joe denny

:P ok heres what going on. Awhile back i reinstalled windows xp, when i did i moved my lor folders to my "D" drive while redoing my c drive then i had to reload my lor 1.6 with your help. now the old loads up but with a window that says ERROR IN FORM_LOAD53) FILE NOT FOUND.) EVERYTHING STILL SEEMS TO WORK BUT THAT COMES UP UPON INITIAL LOADING INTO TRAY. then i upgraded to LOR II. now i get a reg key error that says lor not installed properly. my new scheduler loads ok but the sequence editor will not. trying to do so gives me that reg key notice. i know its complicated but i need to get a a handle on this thing! any help will be greatly appreciated!

thank you

joe

when you reinstalled LOR did you do it from the original disk? Sounds like when you upgraded to LOR 2 your reg. info is corrupt. You should uninstall all of LOR then do a fresh install of LOR. Followed by the LOR 2 upgrade. This should fix all the problems. I found that it is critical that you use your reg. ver. of LOR or the upgrade to LOR 2 will have problems.

joe denny wrote:

:( ok heres what going on. Awhile back i reinstalled windows xp, when i did i moved my lor folders to my "D" drive while redoing my c drive then i had to reload my lor 1.6 with your help. now the old loads up but with a window that says ERROR IN FORM_LOAD53) FILE NOT FOUND.) EVERYTHING STILL SEEMS TO WORK BUT THAT COMES UP UPON INITIAL LOADING INTO TRAY. then i upgraded to LOR II. now i get a reg key error that says lor not installed properly. my new scheduler loads ok but the sequence editor will not. trying to do so gives me that reg key notice. i know its complicated but i need to get a a handle on this thing! any help will be greatly appreciated!

thank you

joe

Joe, this is sounding painfully familiar to my experience a few weeks ago. I hope you saw this thread....
http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=16885&forum_id=72&highlight=vista

Basically, listen to Donald's advice above. You will see similar advice on the other thread.

LightORamaDan wrote:

Try running the reg wipe program. I will clean out your LOR registry entries:

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/LORRegistryWipe.exe

Oh, now that is nice to know for the future. I did not know sure a thing existed. I obviously overlooked this handy little tool.

Dan,

sorry i haven't got back to you yet i don't get any pc time during the week. the reg cleaner seemed to work but it doesn't look like the new sequencer updates were installed, or do i have to re download the update again? i have the updated show builder but not the other. thanks for all your help!

Joe

LightORamaDan wrote:

The reg wipe program does not update any software You will need to update.

Gee, little did I know that when I saw this post a few days ago that I would need it so soon...

Just about the time I had things working on Windows Vista (only took me about 20 minutes to get things going, the wife decided she liked the fancy new Vista computer and wanted it for herself! (Lesson, keep mouth shut about new toys ;-)

So I took her old XP computer and put LOR on it to use this year. After fiddling for about an hour, I could not get the hardware to work, and obviously not the sequences. Thus, I ran the reg cleaner, installed my orginal 1.5something, ran it once, upgraded to 2.0.16, and everything sudden worked like a charm !!!

Richard Hamilton wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
The reg wipe program does not update any software You will need to update.

Gee, little did I know that when I saw this post a few days ago that I would need it so soon...

Just about the time I had things working on Windows Vista (only took me about 20 minutes to get things going, the wife decided she liked the fancy new Vista computer and wanted it for herself! (Lesson, keep mouth shut about new toys ;-)

So I took her old XP computer and put LOR on it to use this year. After fiddling for about an hour, I could not get the hardware to work, and obviously not the sequences. Thus, I ran the reg cleaner, installed my orginal 1.5something, ran it once, upgraded to 2.0.16, and everything sudden worked like a charm !!!

I believe you have to run 1.6 at least once after install to setup the file directories, then after that you can install S2.

Dan can correct me if I'm wrong.

Dennis Cherry wrote:

I believe you have to run 1.6 at least once after install to setup the file directories, then after that you can install S2.

Dan can correct me if I'm wrong.

Yup, I know that to be correct. That is what I did... except it was not version 1.6. I was able to get things going by running the earlier version on my CDROM. Don't recall the exact version, but it was 1.5.X