Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon16 Multiple Configurations?

dgrant

I have a couple of Pixcon16's  but one is reserved for a Halloween matrix. Question: Is there any way possible to save a Pixcon16 hardware configuration that can then use another saved configuration for Christmas?  The Halloween configuration requires 16 rows but three are merged in zig-zag, therefore 6 groups of channels. But for Christmas, I would like to change it to 12 groups of 36, 46 and 72 channels. Its for RGB spiral trees. I have an extra ECG-P12S which should do it, but its not behaving correctly. The P12S seems to lose all communication once there are no commands to it. All lights start to flash simultaneously. This is why I suddenly thought of the Halloween Pixcon16 therefore can I use it for Christmas too, but the configurations get in the way.

Cool and Thank You! Its just that it would allow us to use different controller configurations for different seasonal shows. The P12S has the capability but I don't know about other controllers. Obviously LOR can only consider the Pixie/Pixcon and CCR/CCB series.

• 1 month later...

I "think" I found that changing over from S4 to S5, also appeared to have altered the hardware profile on the Pixcon16. The changes put in for my 24x50 matrix that the one is used for, from RGB to GBR and used for two years, suddenly were gone when I altered things testing the spiral trees. Now I might have done this accidentally but the zig-zags are gone too. It might also be the cause of issues I'm having with my matrix sequences after switching S4 to S5 in which case, some work and some don't.

• The topic was locked