Light-O-Rama Forums

miniDirector power???

NTJP

Have a uMP3g3 Gen3 mini Director that was used in past to run my show.  Working on set up for controlling a Pixie16 and Pixie8.  Plug Cat5 cable from Pixie16 into the Mini Director.  My memory says it should power the mini director.  However no power.  Check the manual and it says it should power.  Plug in external power and it works.  Any idea where I am going wrong with the Cat5 cable powering the mjini director?  I am wanting a setup that will us the two AC plugs powering the Pixie16 and Pixie8 and no more power cables.  Have a preshow sequence and show sequence.  The mini director would also need a switch to tell it when to change from preshow to show.. 

2 minutes ago, NTJP said:

The mini director would also need a switch to tell it when to change from preshow to show.. 

Well, the mini-director can only run one show. It doesn't have the ability to run more than one. It runs when you apply power to it. If you want timed type stuff, like a pre-show and main show, then you would want consider the Showtime Director.

I've not looked up powering the mini-director from Pixie's, so I can't comment on that one.

Pixie 4D, 8D,16D  2nd gen has JP2 to apply power to the CAT5 jacks

56 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Pixie 4D, 8D,16D  2nd gen has JP2 to apply power to the CAT5 jacks

THANK YOU   That was it.  JP2 jumper and now works.  Power to mini director.

• The topic was locked