Light-O-Rama Forums

Who all is going to the Christmas Expo in Daytona this July?

GriswoldStyle

So after Christmas I took a break and haven't really been on here much but I got an email the other day regarding the Christmas expo and thought of everyone so I signed back on. I have been working my full-time job and haven't had time to do anything working 50 hours a week.

Anyways now that I'm back I'm just curious who all is going to be going to the Christmas expo this year? I'm not going to be attending the classes as the budget just does not allow at this time but I will be going possibly on that Saturday to the vendor Hall and was just wondering who all will possibly be going. Since I only live 2 hours from Daytona on the opposite Coast I didn't really want to get a room there for the weekend but definitely wanted to meet and greet with some of the forum members.

Still contemplating going there Friday night or maybe Saturday night and getting a room at a local motel close by. Last I checked there was no rooms available in the expo block. But being a short drive that it is for me I might have to make an appearance this year LOL

Edited by GriswoldStyle

We are planning on going , in Fort lauderdale here.  so a few hours on the road, need a small get away. Just finished two 16 ch kits  from mad grab now 64  ch's ,  NEED MORE !!!!  LITES, PROPS,  MORE!!!!!

David  DLH LITES

we have our tickets but may be a "game day decision", we are moving to the midwest.  We have somewhere to stay just need to decide if we want to spend the airline funds.

I'm driving down from MD to be there! I've been going every other year back to 2013 so this is my year to go! really looking forward to the classes, vender hall and of course meeting or reconnecting with people.

What's the cost for this {no classes, just visiting the vendor hall}?   If I can afford the cost and find transportation there and back to Orlando, I would consider going to this too.  So I could finally meet some of the forum members on here as well!   Sounds like fun.

On 5/7/2019 at 5:32 PM, Orville said:

What's the cost for this {no classes, just visiting the vendor hall}?   If I can afford the cost and find transportation there and back to Orlando, I would consider going to this too.  So I could finally meet some of the forum members on here as well!   Sounds like fun.

Copied from the expo page....

Event Details

The Expo is open to the public

Vendor hall hours:
Thu: 12:30 – 5:00
Fri: 9:30 – 5:00
Sat: 9:30 – 4:00

Admission to Vendor hall only:
$10 pp/day at the door (does not include classes). Children under 12 admitted freeto vendor hall only.

To attend classes, you must purchase a Conference registration at the Expo.

On 5/7/2019 at 5:32 PM, Orville said:

we are moving to the midwest so there is a chance we may not go, we have two tickets for Saturday that we might be willing to send your way if you are interested.  I just need to check with the expo to see how they do that.

9 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Event Details

Vendor hall hours:

$10 pp/day at the door (does not include classes). Children under 12 admitted freeto vendor hall only.

Thanks.  That's not bad.  No plan on attending any classes, but would be great to check out the vendors.

Since I can no longer drive, just would have to find a way there and back.  Too bad our Lynx bus system doesn't have buses that go over there, but not sure that'd be too great since the bus would probably be time limited and by the time I got there, would have to just get on the return bus home.  Gad, our Public Transportation system in FL really is terrible.

1 minute ago, Orville said:

Thanks.  That's not bad.  No plan on attending any classes, but would be great to check out the vendors.

Since I can no longer drive, just would have to find a way there and back.  Too bad our Lynx bus system doesn't have buses that go over there, but not sure that'd be too great since the bus would probably be time limited and by the time I got there, would have to just get on the return bus home.  Gad, our Public Transportation system in FL really is terrible.

Uber

21 minutes ago, caniac said:

we are moving to the midwest so there is a chance we may not go, we have two tickets for Saturday that we might be willing to send your way if you are interested.  I just need to check with the expo to see how they do that.

I'm interested, but since I, nor my wife can no longer drive, finding my {our, wife and I} way there just may not be possible. :(

10 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Event Details

Vendor hall hours:

that doesn't sound right, the info I got was $99 for early registration and $115 for day of.

Is this this weekend?  Or later in the month {May}?  EDIT: OOPS, just realized the header states July.   Sometimes you just can't see it when it's right in front of you.   Now you know why I no longer drive and gave up my license to drive. LOL   Being legally blind, I knew it was time to give up the D.L.!

Edited by Orville

I'm interested, but since I, nor my wife can no longer drive, finding my {our, wife and I} way there just may not be possible. :(

Uber.  My sister-in-law lives in Orlando and might drive you but trust me, your safer with Uber.  We don't call her the white knuckle ride for nothing.

Just now, caniac said:

that doesn't sound right, the info I got was $99 for early registration and $115 for day of.

OUCH!  If that's the cost, that definitely leaves me out of it, even if I{we, wife and I} could get there!

Is this this weekend?  Or later in the month {May}?

I think it runs Tuesday to Saturday with Tuesday to Friday being classes.  Expo hall opens on Friday and is open on Saturday.

OUCH!  If that's the cost, that definitely leaves me out of it, even if I{we, wife and I} could get there!

I would give you our tickets if it looks like we can't go.  Just need to see how to transfer them.

10 minutes ago, caniac said:

Uber.  My sister-in-law lives in Orlando and might drive you but trust me, your safer with Uber.  We don't call her the white knuckle ride for nothing.

ROFL.  Sounds like what they say about the Pastor of my Churchs' driving too.  And guess what, he also drives for Uber!  Uh Oh.....

And I've ridden with Uber for a few things, I have found many of their drivers very UNSAFE DRIVERS!  Texting while driving, talking on cell phone and ignoring their passengers and some of them are just HORRIBLE drivers.   So I'm not a big fan of their services!

Edited by Orville

Just now, caniac said:

I would give you our tickets if it looks like we can't go.  Just need to see how to transfer them.

Well that'd be great.  If you can, we can try and find a way there somehow.  When you know, let me know and I'll PM where you can send them.

Thank you.

Well that'd be great.  If you can, we can try and find a way there somehow.  When you know, let me know and I'll PM where you can send them.

Thank you.

from what I read I don't need to send them anywhere.  Just change the names on the registration and email you the confirmation.

1 minute ago, caniac said:

from what I read I don't need to send them anywhere.  Just change the names on the registration and email you the confirmation.

That'd be cool and would work well.