Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report: Network Configuration

ndutton

Build 5.2.4 (Maybe others)

There is a bug that can be infuriating. Setting up 20 DMX channels at once. 

Start filling in the dialogue box.

1. Comment
  2. Select E1.31
  3. Specify IP Address
  4. Select Total number of universes. DO NOT select from pull down, select by typing 20 in the dialogue box.
  5. Press OK

You will find the DMX universes were not created in the Net config. You HAVE to select the number from the pulldown.

Nick

Most selections that have a drop down to select from a list require that you use the drop down selection.  Nothing unique to LOR.

I'm on my phone so I can’t test right now, but can you even type in the box?

That is how the entry works all over LOR 4.x

K6ccc You CAN type a single character. It will seek the next value that starts with it. If the OP had typed 2, 2 it would have landed on 20 (second occurrence of 2 from the start point), another 2, would land on 21. 2, 0 failed because nothing started with 0 (second keystroke)

A Enter is still needed to SET the value

(And yes, I really hate this type, specially when dropping down a few digits. you need to use the mouse on the arrows. I would rather see something like an old fashioned odometer wheel, where lower and higher numbers are present. and ALWAYS allow the up/down arrow keys to spin the wheel instead of first activating the pulldown )

24 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

K6ccc You CAN type a single character. It will seek the next value that starts with it. If the OP had typed 2, 2 it would have landed on 20 (second occurrence of 2 from the start point), another 2, would land on 21. 2, 0 failed because nothing started with 0 (second keystroke)

Now that I'm on a computer with LOR 5.2.4, I can confirm both Nick's initial report and TheDucks followup.  The gotcha is that if you type the number (either a single number of two digits), the universes are not created at all.  Works fine by using the drop down.

BTW Nick, in your initial post you referred to 20 DMX channels.  I know this sounds picky, but you are not trying to create 20 DMX channels, but rather 20 DMX Universes.  Using incorrect terminology often causes confusion for those of us trying to help.   In this case, it was pretty obvious what you really meany, but often that is not the case.