Light-O-Rama Forums

Original 5V CCB's and CCP's - No Dangle?

Orville

Looking at replacing some strands with bad CCB's and CCP's in them, the original 5V type.  But when I was viewing them it says they do not come with a dangle.   Does this mean no connector to connect them to an existing CCB-100D Controller?   Because if I have to add the connector, that's a no go for me.

So would like to know exactly what is meant by dangle, I always thought that would be at the end of a strand {not available on 5V types} or the dangle from the controller which would connect to the mating connector at the beginning of the strand.

So could someone please clarify this, as I'm not sure if no dangle would mean no connector on these, and if so, then pointless for me to even consider replacement strands.

Thank you.

Edited by Orville
accidentally put in 110 instead of 100 for controller

I don't really understand your question.  The CCP strings come with a connector on one end.  The CCP controller has a pigtail  with the mating connector.

Thanks Mr. P.   Jim, I was referring to the 4 wire strand of bulbs {CCB} or pixels {Bullet nodes CCP}, I know the 5V strand does not have end to end connections, only the 12v ones have that option to go from 50 to 100 bulbs.

I have the CCB-100D controllers, and I was wanting to make sure if I purchase a replacement 5V 4-wire CCB or CCP strand that I would not have to buy and solder the connector that mates with the controllers connection.   Since the connector on a 5V strand would be the only thing I would think may also be called a dangle, want to be certain that since the site says no dangle, that the mating connector was already built onto the 5v strand, again for connecting to the CCB-100D controller.   Since the lead-in on the 4 wire 5V strand is 6' long, just wanting to make sure they come with the connector that mates with the female connector on the controller, since both ends could be called dangles.

So stating there is no dangle included, made me think {and ask this question} that perhaps I have to buy and solder the mating connector I'd need for the CCB-100D RGB Controller.

Hope that may clear up what I am asking.

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked