Light-O-Rama Forums
Mr. P

Christmas Lighter Evicted

Looks more like a display and not a show.

I wonder if the Mad Grab sale is what financially set him in a rut. 

• Like 1

That house looks familiar.  He may have been around here or on Planet Christmas some time in the past.

Reading the article, it looks like his eviction had nothing to do with the fact that he ran a light show, but rather that he could not pay his mortgage and was foreclosed.  Granted that the light show may have contributed to his lack of funds.  However he was not evicted because of the show.

So what is the lesson learned here? For all of you lighters out there, don't spend all your money on Christmas lights and pay the bills first.  😀

I'd say the man was dedicated to his love and passion more than his desire to take care of his responsibilities...I've done the same thing in the past, but not on the same level.

On 4/12/2019 at 4:57 PM, Mr. P said:

So what is the lesson learned here? For all of you lighters out there, don't spend all your money on Christmas lights and pay the bills first.  😀

Just think of the light show that could be done on his car though

JR

The “gofundme” part destroys it for me. “Gimme” is a national problem. Puking. Go pay your own way. 

• Like 3

90% of Americans live check to check.   Only takes one glitch to set most people back, or even totally derail some.   We live with a constant stream of advertising, and media, telling us that our lives are less than good if we don't fill our homes with stuff.  At the end of the day,  we are all responsible for our own actions.   However,  I hesitate to judge those fallen on financial hard times.  I fully understand that it could be me, very easily, if life's pieces were to fall the wrong way.   I have seen injury, and illness, put people out of work through no doing of their own.  People tell me that I make a decent living because I work hard,  have good work ethics, and am good at what I do.  Truth is,  those 3 things only add up to half of the reason.  The other half is pure luck....which could turn at any time.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dcroc said:

90% of Americans live check to check.   Only takes one glitch to set most people back, or even totally derail some.   We live with a constant stream of advertising, and media, telling us that our lives are less than good if we don't fill our homes with stuff.  At the end of the day,  we are all responsible for our own actions.   However,  I hesitate to judge those fallen on financial hard times.  I fully understand that it could be me, very easily, if life's pieces were to fall the wrong way.   I have seen injury, and illness, put people out of work through no doing of their own.  People tell me that I make a decent living because I work hard,  have good work ethics, and am good at what I do.  Truth is,  those 3 things only add up to half of the reason.  The other half is pure luck....which could turn at any time.

Nicely said, and those with those three qualities understand what pulling at the ok bootstraps to get themselves back in their feet is all about.

JR