Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CKSedg

Chase to Background

I'm still trying to learn S5--so glad I didn't take the plunge for Christmas last year! I didn't think I would have such a learning curve.

I know this is probably simple, but I can't figure it out:
I want to sequence some overlapping chases, but every time I do, the new chase goes to the foreground, instead of the background. After I make my initial chase, how do I make the subsequent chases go to the background?

Thanks!

Ok, I figured it out!

You have to outline the area where you want the chase, right click and choose "Custom Chase." In the Chase Type area, choose "Apply the chase to every selected row," and make sure the box "Clear existing effects in the selected area" is UNchecked. Then hit "OK."

Seems like a lot of extra work in S5. I believe S4 was much easier to do this.

9 hours ago, CKSedg said:

Ok, I figured it out!

You have to outline the area where you want the chase, right click and choose "Custom Chase." In the Chase Type area, choose "Apply the chase to every selected row," and make sure the box "Clear existing effects in the selected area" is UNchecked. Then hit "OK."

It is, it’s a drop down box on the left

2 hours ago, ericm said:

There are a number of items now buried one  level deeper on the right click context menu. It's taking me much longer to set my timings.

I don't have THAT much time left.😀

I'm still debating about whether the Motion Effects in S5 are worth the learning curve and the seemingly harder way to do things (although the Motion Effects are really cool!). Maybe it's just that I'm not used to S5 yet. Still, I'm very glad I waited until after Christmas to tackle this.

Thanks!