Light-O-Rama Forums

I missed it

aja1216

So annoyed I missed the sale.  I signed up for email notifications but I guess it didn't go though.

Guess i'll have to wait longer

🤬

Edited by aja1216

The good news is that usually there is a Summer sale that lasts (usually) 2 weeks or so. So, not all hope should be considered lost. :)

• Thanks 1

Between this forum and the LOR facebook groups, there's no way I could miss the sale if I wanted to. Something to consider for the future. Queue into this forum starting in March and stay in touch. Also, join LOR groups on facebook. I guarantee you won't miss it doing these two things. Guaranteed.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

Between this forum and the LOR facebook groups, there's no way I could miss the sale if I wanted to. Something to consider for the future. Queue into this forum starting in March and stay in touch. Also, join LOR groups on facebook. I guarantee you won't miss it doing these two things. Guaranteed.

Facebook! Didn’t think about that. I’m just starting out I got the lights just need the LOR equipment. 

There were several threads here on the forum that started within minutes of the E-Mail being received.  Facebook not needed (or wanted).

• Like 2

We are very sorry to any of you that did not receive our eMail about a sale, or any of the other eMails we may send (which are NOT many). Let us try to explain why it happens: Spam.

Depending on what statistics you believe, somewhere between 50% and 90% (and some say even as high as 97%) of the TOTAL WORLD WIDE EMAIL SENT is spam. One statistic we found said that the total number of spam eMail sent PER DAY in 2010 was 294,000,000,000 (that's 294 Billion with a B ) messages! 

So ISPs have a vested interest in aggressively finding and deleting spam before it travels through their network, or gets stored on their eMail servers. Bits are Dollars, and the less bits sent/stored, the more money saved.

Now when we talk about ISPs, we don't just mean the people you pay for internet service, or even your eMail provider (if it is different). eMail is built on a technology that allows the message to skip through multiple different servers on it's way to you. While that eMail may be addressed to you at hotmail.com, aol.com or some other address, it may have gone through many different servers owned by many different ISPs on it's way TO you. ANY ONE of those servers could examine the eMail, decide it is spam, and throw it into the bit-bucket. 

So, knowing this, we play by a set of rules that 'the internet' has decided is the best practice for sending an email blast:

• Our eMail list is 100% OPT IN. There is no default of being entered onto an eMail list. Even going as far as ordering from us does NOT place you on our eMail list.
  • We are 100% can-spam compliant
  • We use a reputable company that abides by all current rules/regulations and self imposed restrictions for eMail marketing

Want to know what happens? A certain percentage of our eMails are STILL caught by over aggressive  ISP spam filters. The amount of control we have over that eMail once it leaves our server/contact company's server: 0%. 

Aside from checking to make sure you are on the mailing list, unfortunately there is not much else we can do - if anything.

On your end, you may want to double check that our sales eMail did not end up in your 'spam' or 'junk' folder.  You may also want to create a new eMail address with a different eMail provider (there are many that are free) and sign up with that address as well.  Then you will have 2 addresses where we can send the eMail, and it may not be caught.

💡 Remember to Whitelist "Light-O-Rama" <broadcast@lightorama.com>  in the not Junk settings of you e-mail client / mail user account.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked